Crossbow Nation banner

81 - 100 of 150 Posts

·
11,270 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Last Wednesday, Jeff Anderson (Oldflyer) had a double lung transplant.

For those of you who don’t know, Jeff designed the enclosed barrel concept that was used on his vertical and the SWAT series, along with the trigger and rear latching mechanism. He has a number of other inventions and designs not archery related.

For years, Jeff has been plagued with a deteriorating lung condition resulting in having to be on oxygen 24/7. Recently he finally got on a lung transplant list. Then last Wed evening, June 2, he was called to the hospital for a chance of a new lease on life. Now, he has it! Last night, he text’d that he was doing great! He credits God for bringing him through this trial in life. He is one happy guy!

He’s a true innovator in our sport; and I believe, that eventually all crossbows will reflect at least one or more of his innovations. If you’re inclined to do so, wish him well.
I Had a double long four years ago so I know he has a long recovery prayers to him and his family

·
Registered
14 Posts

For those of you who don’t know, Jeff designed the enclosed barrel concept that was used on his vertical and the SWAT series, along with the trigger and rear latching mechanism. He has a number of other inventions and designs not archery related.

For years, Jeff has been plagued with a deteriorating lung condition resulting in having to be on oxygen 24/7. Recently he finally got on a lung transplant list. Then last Wed evening, June 2, he was called to the hospital for a chance of a new lease on life. Now, he has it! Last night, he text’d that he was doing great! He credits God for bringing him through this trial in life. He is one happy guy!

He’s a true innovator in our sport; and I believe, that eventually all crossbows will reflect at least one or more of his innovations. If you’re inclined to do so, wish him well.
Best wishes get well soon...

·
5,629 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 ·
I’ll admit, I was really concerned about Jeff. Though I didn’t expect him to answer, himself. I wanted some response to a text message from someone. It was like when the lunar module went behind the moon but for 4 days with no contact.

I bet, he’d heal faster if everyone on the board would order an X1!

·
2,124 Posts
I’ll admit, I was really concerned about Jeff. Though I didn’t expect him to answer, himself. I wanted some response to a text message from someone. It was like when the lunar module went behind the moon but for 4 days with no contact.

I bet, he’d heal faster if everyone on the board would order an X1!
Thanks Steve my friend. For the record, it was only my right lung that was transplanted.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts

God bless the man and he'll be in my prayers!!! It's heart warming when we get good news about one of our own members who's been blessed and given a second chance to live his life in a more comfortable manner. Jeff was always one of our team who gave more than he got. He's been teaching people and providing the benefits of his knowledge and experience for over a decade. We all owe him our thanks and gratitude. Wishing him a speedy recovery and a few prayers is the very least we can all do!

SEW - Please extend my best wishes for a speedy recovery to Jeff when you communicate with him and let him know he'll be in my prayers.

Jon Henry

·
2,124 Posts
God bless the man and he'll be in my prayers!!! It's heart warming when we get good news about one of our own members who's been blessed and given a second chance to live his life in a more comfortable manner. Jeff was always one of our team who gave more than he got. He's been teaching people and providing the benefits of his knowledge and experience for over a decade. We all owe him our thanks and gratitude. Wishing him a speedy recovery and a few prayers is the very least we can all do!

SEW - Please extend my best wishes for a speedy recovery to Jeff when you communicate with him and let him know he'll be in my prayers.

Jon Henry
Thank you so much Jon Henry.

·
Registered
3 Posts

Prayers sent. Glad to hear he is doing well.

·
11,270 Posts

·
2,124 Posts
How ya feeling today, Jeff? Is there much pain still? What sort of rehab do you gotta do?
Blessings
KTK
Doing better. Lotta pain, but I have a pain button. Man is it nice to sleep. I didn't sleep for 4 days after operation. All said and done, it is a blessing to have more life now and maning out the pain is worth it. No question. Without this lung, I had 1 year left....

81 - 100 of 150 Posts