Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just given a Jennings sidekick III for free:) it's in almost new condition. I have a brand new string on it. Any arrow suggestions? Also what kind of speeds can I expect with this bow using 400 grain arrows and bow set to 60 pounds with a 30" draw?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
A person on another forum said this bow was early 80's and mid shelf as far as Jennings models go. If anyone knows a bit about bows like this I'd really appreciate info on realistic speed expectations and if it'd make a decent bow for deer.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Arrow wise I'll stay in the 400-450 grain range. Preferably carbon arrows. Was thinking of using Carbon Express Maxima Blue RZ, they work great in my friends Oneida Eagle bow.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I am an old-timer and do remember that bow but never owned one. I did at one time shoot Jennings then moved to PSE and finally Mathews. I shot the plain old aluminum Game Getters II's. My 60 lb bows at 28" draw shot the 2115's great with 100 gr. Thunderheads. While hunting the mts. of WV most of my shot were never over about 25 yds.

·
Registered
960 Posts
I just given a Jennings sidekick III for free:) it's in almost new condition. I have a brand new string on it. Any arrow suggestions? Also what kind of speeds can I expect with this bow using 400 grain arrows and bow set to 60 pounds with a 30" draw?
With those older bows you will want to use aluminum. The limbs are not meant to take lighter arrows. I would use Easton GameGetter 340 spine since your draw length is 30".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts