Crossbow Nation banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
That is partially correct,but The crank with the decocker that comes on the Nemesis can't be sold by Dorge for two years. The one on Dorges site that he is selling does'nt decock. I got that straight from Scorpyde in January.
Great updated information! Thank you for doing the legwork to distinguish the differences. It makes quite a difference to those who might be making a new crossbow purchase or those considering modifying an existing one.

Xbow755

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
That is partially correct,but The crank with the decocker that comes on the Nemesis can't be sold by Dorge for two years. The one on Dorges site that he is selling does'nt decock. I got that straight from Scorpyde in January.
100% correct! Scorpyd has exclusive rights for the first 2 years on the AeroCrank AD. The oval shaped AeroCrank is Dorges baby. Two different cranks.

Reactions: Tnmtns

·
Banned
454 Posts
Back to the subject. Jim “and Rex”. The quality of my Aculeus really impressed me. Just a work of art! It’s nice that the person who designs the xbows runs the company that makes the crossbows. Just real people doing a really good job!
Don't worry, be happy brother! Those of us that have owned/played with Scorpyd rigs since their inception have learnt to appreciate one & others input! Those late fro the party are also important fro those less impressionable.

I fro one... Miss the Tunanut days...;)

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Don't worry, be happy brother! Those of us that have owned/played with Scorpyd rigs since their inception have learnt to appreciate one & others input! Those late fro the party are also important fro those less impressionable.

I fro one... Miss the Tunanut days...;)
Tunanut and Geekster. Good folk and they always had very helpful info.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Both cranks can decock. AeroCranAD use drag system. AeroCrank use reverse crank action.

Reactions: BigSnowMan

·
Registered
811 Posts
Dorge,...On the non AD AeroCrank is the reverse system totally silent while tension is still on or do you have to worry about the crank spinning if the crank slipped in your hand ??

·
Registered
324 Posts
Any one know if you forget to tighten the drag system on the new crank will it cause a dry fire or is there a head space in timing safety device to stop that?

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Any one know if you forget to tighten the drag system on the new crank will it cause a dry fire or is there a head space in timing safety device to stop that?
I would imagine as you crank it tightens the drag automatically. But who knows? LOL

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Dorge designed these like a high dollar fishing reel, so I imagine it will depend on the drag setting?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Even when you fully unload the drag, due to surface to surface friction, there is no less than 45 lbF as we have discovered. Which is why an Anti-Anti reverse switch was added after the testing on the initial few AeroCrank-AD after initial testings. It is just way too much for anyone to push a sled that need no less than 45 pound to start turn over the drag and free the sled after you cocked it, ME INLCUDED!!! And just for discussion. When the drag is fully engaged base on the current design, it can exceed 350lb x 3 or 1050lb of drag force... talk about excessive!

·
Registered
141 Posts
This is so annoying when people have to put the next guy down for doing something good for other people. I go through this alot around where I live. If you do something that stands out from the rest people call you crazy and start all kinds of problems for you and just look for reasons and ways to humiliate you. Why don't people that act like this just go away.
My sediment's exactly Martymig! Don't change because of others just be yourself there is no wrong in that.

·
Registered
141 Posts
To me Jim and Rex
Two of the best guys in the industry
Jim is the same guy in person that I talked to over the phone asking about his Crossbows almost 10 years ago. I bought it a month later and he remembered me when I called him to order my RDT 125
Rex
Is a great guy any time I called him he had nothing but time to answer any thing I asked. Now I call these guys my friends
And I still love my Scorpyds. Been able to hang out with these guy for many ata shows and I appreciate that a lot.
The same guys you talk to over the phone are the same in person when you meet them.
They both strive to make Scorpyd Crossbows the best on the planet.
To me and other they are second to no one. JMO
I never had the pleasure to meet Jim or Rex but I here to tell you that rex is a straight shooter.I admire that in a person. I would love to me with both and fund a experimental 2021 600fps prototype of course it would be mine to keep afterward's!!

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I never had the pleasure to meet Jim or Rex but I here to tell you that rex is a straight shooter.I admire that in a person. I would love to me with both and fund a experimental 2021 600fps prototype of course it would be mine to keep afterward's!!
Good luck with that!!!:rolleyes:

41 - 60 of 61 Posts