Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
10 is definitely the best value and (imho) the most trouble free. It's my backup right now to a 29 which I prefer due to size, but I love my R10. I had a 26 but sold it. I loved the size but it was an absolute string eater.

Good luck with everything. If you ever get tired of a multi reticle scope, consider the Sig Sauer BDX system...its really a nice updgrade.....but the stock scope and those hawke scopes are great too and if you are OK with multi aim point reticle are great.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Congrats Mr. Parker. And welcome to the Ravin family.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
10 is definitely the best value and (imho) the most trouble free. It's my backup right now to a 29 which I prefer due to size, but I love my R10. I had a 26 but sold it. I loved the size but it was an absolute string eater.

Good luck with everything. If you ever get tired of a multi reticle scope, consider the Sig Sauer BDX system...its really a nice updgrade.....but the stock scope and those hawke scopes are great too and if you are OK with multi aim point reticle are great.
Thank you. I intend to upgrade to a Sig Kilo after this season. (limited funding right now).
M

·
Registered
936 Posts
The R10 is a great value, also a great bow! I love mine, and plan on the R10 being a more than capable back up to my R29. Congrats!

·
Registered
624 Posts
Congratulations and welcome. I also have the r10 and absolutely love it. Best crossbow ive shot so far. I hear nothing but good things about the sig bdx. I may have to try one out next yesr to see what all the hype is about

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yeah sig sierra scope is super duper nice. I got the jakt tactical sling from wyvern, really pleased with it. Keeps the bow in front of me and I can grab it and shoulder it without detaching it. While not recommended for everyone, I can even cock and decock it with it right there because of my hand/finger strength. But I'm a bass player so I have a little more of that than most people.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah sig sierra scope is super duper nice. I got the jakt tactical sling from wyvern, really pleased with it. Keeps the bow in front of me and I can grab it and shoulder it without detaching it. While not recommended for everyone, I can even cock and decock it with it right there because of my hand/finger strength. But I'm a bass player so I have a little more of that than most people.
I'm contemplating getting one as well (Jakt sling). What do you hunt out of? Treestand? Saddle? Ladderstand?

·
Premium Member
1,255 Posts
Got the kit/combo
Just ordered another Sig Sauer Sierra3 2.5-8x, 32mm Kilo1600 Combo from Wyvern for our Ravin R26 as well.
Will put the Ravin scope on our CenterPoint 370.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I'm contemplating getting one as well (Jakt sling). What do you hunt out of? Treestand? Saddle? Ladderstand?
I'm visiting family so I'll be ground hunting this year, mostly stands back at home. At worst you get 550ft of paracord out of the sling, get one and try it out. It took me a while to adjust the straps but everything else about it is super slick. I have mine set so I can walk hands free except uphill, but I have the 29 so a little smaller than the 10 I think.

Also a good option for guns, but I haven't tested that yet. Probably going to try it out on a shotgun when grouse hunting sometime.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts