Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to hunt a 80 acre farm/hardwoods 45 from my house in prime deer country

Starting to be a good week, also got my dream gun in a trade today. I have always wanted a lever action 30-30

Now if my wife would give birth to our daughter, my crosssbow would get here and my lawyer call's with a settlement for my injury case, I would go buy a lottery ticket

That would be a great week

·
Banned
1,025 Posts
Glad to hear it! Just picked up an old model Ruger 44 mag carbine w/ 3x post weaver on it. What a nasty puppy this one is! May have to give the xbow up for one animal just to see how it does.

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
It's all coming together. That's the most important part is a place to hunt close to home.

·
327 Posts
Guide Girl said:
It's all coming together. That's the most important part is a place to hunt close to home.
-Just don't tell that to your pregnant wife.. :D

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
LMAO! I know what you're saying. BTW, I've spent many a time in the ER at the local hospital in camos with people staring at me. Two opening days for deer season on a row too. Have to hunt with a phone close, or radio, just in case. Both times of opening day were due to an elderly, sick, family member. It was hard to hunt away from home territory for a few years because of that. When we were in Africa and Canada, I expected a call anytime where I'd have to jump a plane and go home.
Pregnant wives aren't so bad. You'll need a place to hide occasionally anyway and get that sense of peace and tranquility back. Before and after!
I started hunting for that exact reason. To hide and get some peace and tranquility with 5 teens fighting in the house, and a business phone. I really never intended to kill anything, it just happened one evening, and away I went with the hunting thing. Here I am. Franken killer. I realized it felt good to sit in silence and then kill something on a daily basis. Scared the hell out of the kids, and my parents too. They just couldn't believe I could do that.:D

·
211 Posts
mideerslayer said:
to hunt a 80 acre farm/hardwoods 45 from my house in prime deer country

Starting to be a good week, also got my dream gun in a trade today. I have always wanted a lever action 30-30

Now if my wife would give birth to our daughter, my crosssbow would get here and my lawyer call's with a settlement for my injury case, I would go buy a lottery ticket

That would be a great week
lots of guys around here use 30-30's, myself included, although I havent used mine much for several years, I love those lever actions...

one thing about them is that factory ammo is pretty converative because of the range of guns that shoot that round but they really come alive with some handloads:thumbsup:,

I load my 30-30 loads for about 6 guys...

awshucks said:
Glad to hear it! Just picked up an old model Ruger 44 mag carbine w/ 3x post weaver on it. What a nasty puppy this one is! May have to give the xbow up for one animal just to see how it does.

I have one of those too...:)

great little guns, it was my first deer rifle, I gave it to my son last year and he used it with iron sights but now wants a red dot sight on it, so now I have to try to dig up a suitable scope base for it...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts