Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Crossbow Nut
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just bought a new crossbow and need to get back to 2 bows.
Tire Bicycle Wheel Bicycles--Equipment and supplies Bicycle wheel

I bought this Centerpoint CP400 used in January 2020. The 3rd time I went to cock it, the sled broke at near full draw! Figured I was pooched but called Ravin and fessed up to being 2nd owner to get prices on parts. Long story short, they fixed it and sent a new sled at no cost! Later, they redesigned the sled and sent that too.

This bow now has a few surface marks because of broken sled pieces, and wear marks on the trigger box from the sled rubbing during cocking, but is a fast, accurate shooter. I have shot it 58 times since the new limbs, wheels, axles and the rest were replaced, and it shoots flawless at 401 fps last time I chronied it.
Font Automotive tire Automotive exterior Watch Gas

I'm asking $450 insured and shipped CONUS postal money order or Paypal, no fees to me.

For you Ravin shooters, this makes sense because I'm told this front end is Ravin and will bolt up without mods to many Ravins. I DON'T KNOW THIS FOR FACT, YOU'D WANT TO VERIFY.

SO...if you had some frontend disaster, these parts will get you back in the woods fast. Ravin will not sell you parts, so you would be out for a MINIMUM of a week this time of year. Someone posted a while back that JUST THE PARTS WITHOUT THE RISER COST $400 BUT RAVIN WON'T SELL YOU PARTS!
Wood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Gas Automotive exterior

For someone looking for a good bow to hunt with, or for backup, this bow includes 2 sleds, 1 old style and 1 redesigned new style, 3 CP400 arrows in the 3-arrow quiver, the scope, an extra set of USED strings and cables that still have a lot of life left. I re-served the center of the string and have not shot it. There is also a sling, never out of the package.

$450 is a great price for a bow of this caliber, whether for hunting, backup, or for the Ravin parts. Thank you for looking!

·
Crossbow Nut
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what model ravin is this
It's not a Ravin, it's a Centerpoint CP400. CP bought Ravin and put Ravin front ends on their Taiwan-built bows. I always thought of it as a "Ravin with a rail".

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Heck of a good price. GLWS I believe the limbs will fit a Ravin R10. I know the string is the same as I asked them because I had a CP400 a a Ravin at same time for a short time.

·
Crossbow Nut
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
NARROW, FAST, ACCURATE, and HALF THE PRICE OF NEW!!!
Font Screenshot Motor vehicle Brand Logo

$450 includes shipping. Shoots an honest 400 fps with a 400 grain arrow.

·
Crossbow Nut
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What kind of threads are on it?
Factory strings, as are the used spares included with the bow. I re-served the center of the used string and no shots on it. The cables didn't need it.
Thanks for looking.

·
Crossbow Nut
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Font Automotive tire Automotive exterior Watch Gas

Postal scale Measuring instrument Sports equipment Gas Auto part

Very respectable: 401 fps with a 400 grain arrow. Fast, accurate, and narrow.

·
Crossbow Nut
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
OK, I'll sweeten the deal, I'll add 5 more (for a total of 8) CP400 arrows (5, no points). These are actually Ravin arrows rebranded for Centerpoint. They have Blazer vanes, and the Ravin nock with metal insert to keep the arrows from splitting when they are launched. They are .003 straightness and are very accurate out of the CP400.
Musical instrument accessory Wood Wood stain Font Office supplies

Office supplies Musical instrument accessory Wood Eyewear Office instrument

Brown Musical instrument accessory Wood Font Bicycle part

Wood Knife Varnish Hardwood Composite material

Brass inserts but I don't know the weight.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ok, great. Did Centerpoint / Raven give you any kind of warranty with the new parts? Did they say why the sled broke? Im just thinking if something happens after I purchase it, where do I stand

·
Crossbow Nut
4,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok, great. Did Centerpoint / Raven give you any kind of warranty with the new parts? Did they say why the sled broke? Im just thinking if something happens after I purchase it, where do I stand
I appreciate your concern.
I really don't remember, but I'd say probably not. I was just so grateful they fixed it no charge, I don't ever remember that conversation coming up. I don't even think they charged me to send it back.
They didn't have to do a thing for me since the warranty only applies to the first owner. Shows me they're a standup company.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts