Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, My name is Perry McClure & along with my wife Tiffany we have officially formed the 1st ever KENTUCKY CROSSBOW FEDERATION LLC, effective 10/01/2013 myself being Founder/President & Tiffany Co-Founder/VP. A little about ourselves & why we started the KCF. I am a retired Covington KY Firefighter Local 38 after 25 yrs service & my wife Tiffany is an RN at a local hospital. We live on our farm in Elliston KY with our spoiled choclate lab Jip. Our passion is Huntin, Trappin, Growing soybeans & corn for our critters, Ridin Harley Davidson MC'S, Bluegrass Music & Shootin our Tenpoint Crossbows ( OL' Faithful Defender CLS which is no longer made). We started the KCF with two goals in mind, promote crossbows & there use & get a full inclusion of crossbow season in the general archery season in the state of ky. The mission of the KCF is this, The Kentucky Crossbow Federation as a member of the American Crossbow Federation promotes & supports all forms of archery. We will strive to protect the rights of any individual to kill natural resources legally, whether it's with a crossbow, vertical bow, firearms & traps. The Kentucky Crossbow Federation is dedicated to putting postive input into our sport, industry & heritage. We are in the process of building a website & forming a membership drive, I will keep crossbow nation informed as this progresses. To all the crossbow hunters in Ky, our time has come to have our voices heard & to have a full inclusion of crossbow season during archery season. Thanks Perry & Tiffany McClure / Kentucky Crossbow Federation Est.10/01/2013 KY Soybean Buck 005.jpg

Attachments

·
Hunter
6,187 Posts
Welcome to crossbow nation.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Good luck with the federation and welcome
been hunting Grayson county for two years and each year harvested great bucks
It is a sleeper state and for me I hope it stays that way :lazy: me being selfish LOL
Karl

·
Registered
837 Posts
Welcome and Good Luck!!!

·
Industry Professional
349 Posts
Welcome Perry & the KY Crossbow Federation! Hope to see you & Tiffany in Louisville in a couple of weeks at the KY Deer & Turkey Expo!

Barb

·
Registered
2,299 Posts
Cool Beans and welcome!!!!!

Horns

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Well HOWDY from Texas! Good to see you start something so wonderful. If you need any help from Texas, just let us know. Good Luck in your up coming adventures.

Reactions: bpowder

·
Registered
47 Posts
I would like for you to keep me informed also,I have a Crossbow Permit due to a mining accident,which left me no longer able to use a compound bow.I never could understand why Kentucky wouldn't allow the use of a crossbow during archery season. Just let me know if I can help in anyway. Also I live in Pike co.

·
2,019 Posts
Hey Perry: Its Jim from Third Hand Archery. We met a few years back. Got my concealed carry with your help. Let me know when you get things up and running.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I crossbow hunt in Carroll County and took my first deer with my MXB 400. Wow what a rush!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
KY Crossbow Federation members will be at the ATA show next week in Louisville. Beginning in early 2016 we will have our website up and running, & starting a membership drive. KCF does exist & we are looking forward to the upcoming year.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
To all KY crossbow hunters out there, next week myself & my wife will be attending the ATA show in Louisville KY. We will be meeting with crossbow vendors and discussing our plans with KCF. Our hope is to build a relationship with these companies and gain some sponsors for our new website. I will post updates as we move forward. Anyone attending the show please send us a message so we can meet and discuss ideas. Thanks Perry McClure / President KCF

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hey folks, I've spoken to Perry (who originally posted this thread) and we are going to try to get this off the ground in 2018!

·
Registered
22 Posts
The Kentucky Crossbow Federation is up and running. We've got a fledgling, bare-bones website that will be improving as we move along, as well as a Facebook page and group. Annual membership is $25 for an individual and $30 for a family. Our main goal is to see full inclusion of crossbows in archery season. To do that, we need to have an organized presence for crossbow hunters. I hope you will consider joining!

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/kycrossbow/
Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/kycrossbow/

1 - 20 of 23 Posts