Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend just text a photo of a later Model Fatal X..the Dealer said he got it a coulple months back. It appears in the Photo that the Excessive string Pressure is Now way Better. Judge for yourself but does look way Better to me without acutally seeing it. It looks like the Limb tips could have been narrowed up to give the cam a little more lift..i hope So..this was a very Nice shooting and Handling Bow..for tje Price.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Window Bicycle tire Automotive lighting

·
Registered
17,611 Posts
If they made changes wouldn,t they say so?
Probably not. If they came out and said we fixed the prior problem which only a few folks on the forum even knew about then they might have people wanting a replacement bow or warranty work done to "fix" their bow. Easier to incorporate the change provided by George and keep quite about it.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
🤯 This makes way too much sense! Hoping for confirmation as this was on my radar till reviews started popping.
My friend is Thinking about Buying one Hunters, i will shurley look it Over. And the Changes could be very Subtle...as tapering the limbs tips Slightly narrower. I may make a Special trip to see for myself. I would shurly let u Know.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I zoomed in and it looks like the string has an arch to it
It probably does still have Some arch, but doesn't look nearly as Bad as it Was. This Bow was one of the smoothest quietest and Accurate compound Xbows I've ever shot. If they worked Some bugs Out it would be the Best Buy around..imo.

·
5,514 Posts
Like you Said Robert..they Would probably not Tell you anyways.. :unsure:
Yep. Just like “What changes did Ravin make so those first year triggers no longer fired without touching the trigger while guys were loading them, or they were sitting waiting to be shot?” Officially, “NONE”.

·
Registered
17,611 Posts
Maybe they wouldn't but then again I think that they would be much more likely to tell you if they have made a change over the phone than to post it in public. It is a lot easier to just say yes or no when talking on the phone to someone.

·
Registered
383 Posts
The string arch looks a lot better than it did on the original one. Is there any more info on the limb issues that they were having. I’m very interested in buying the FatalX. I’m really impressed with the narrowness. I shoot a KI 360 it is19 inches wide. I am always pulling leaves and plants from in between the cams and the string. FatalX would be a great bow for hiking in and spot and stocking. Plus my KI 360 only shoots 337 FPS with a 426 grain arrow. With some of the reviews I’ve seen they are shooting 387 to 390 with a 400 Grain arrow. I figured I’d be around the 370 to 380 range.

·
6,446 Posts
I contacted Jason last week and he did confirm that later product runs had addressed issues. I purchased one. I just posted this on the bigger Fatal-X thread. I will be using heavier arrows and adding limb dampeners. Will do a 50 shot review.
Most vehicles have a five year or more production run And under go a # of changes during their production run. Crossbows are often a little less and the industry as a whole seems to rush into production. With KI, my favorite, S&Cs and cam finish seem to improve with time, at least on the SWAT series. The front end of the Fatal X, is shared with the X1.

With the car industry, the changes are made very public to promote sales, while they are rarely publicly addressed. Yes, the string pressure did seem pretty heavy on the Fatal X . No, Jason will not lie to you. There are some very good companies to work with: Excalibur and KI are two of these.

·
Registered
8,214 Posts
I contacted Jason last week and he did confirm that later product runs had addressed issues. I purchased one. I just posted this on the bigger Fatal-X thread. I will be using heavier arrows and adding limb dampeners. Will do a 50 shot review.
My next Xbow: want a second back in the lineup will be this Xbow or the new BearX Constrictor LT. Fingers crossed for the KI FatalX.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts