Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an FYI, the crank for the Furious 9.5 is available from KI. I thought it kind of steep at $149.00 but ordered one anyway.

·
Registered
KI SWAT XP with tetra xb and 3-9x40 Vortex crossfire 2
58 Posts
A buddy of mine bought one of these. He doesn't like it at all. Said the sled is wider than the original sled and wont fit between the string stoppers. Has to pull up the string to get sled on. Also said it is very hard to get off once cocked since it is squeezed so tight at the top. Hope you have better luck than he did.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How long has he had it? I don't expect any issues with it. It so, I will return it to KI. This cost way to much money to have to hassle with it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
He had only had it a couple days. We did move the strings stops a hair to make it a little easier to get on. Still not great but manageable. Takes a ton more pressure to get it off though than the rope sled. Seems sketchy when you are doing it. I hope yours works out better than his.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I shot mine today and I thought it was actually pretty easy. You are correct about the pressure needed to remove the sled after it was cocked. It makes me a little nervous having my fingers that close to the cocked string. Hopefully it will get easier to pull off.
And since I was out of my routine with the rope cocker, I dry fired the bow after about 5 shots. Stupid Stupid Stupid.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Thats good it is working for u. His is a lot better getting on after we moved the string stops some but yeah taking it off doesnt seem right ha.
I hope you and the bow r ok after the dry fire. I bet that made a heck of a crack. How did it happen? Safety didnt work?
I was pretty bummed yesterday. Was in stand in the morning and noticed some serving seperation on my swat xp. It was on underside of cam so didnt notice it. Got a hold of KI and they r sending me new cables overnight that will be here Tuesday. Excellent customer service. Missed a doe in the afternoon using my old barnett because she jumped the string. I know the Swat would have been fast enough to get her. Bummer. Amazing how quick a deer can react.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Problem was me. I was concentrating more on the crank than shooting the xbow. ID10T problem. I will take it to a shop tomorrow, but they dont do much with a xbows but are great with the compounds. Hoping the damage is minimal. And of course, I'm supposed to leave Wednesday to go hunting. I can use the compound bow, but really wanted to get the KI out for first blood.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts