Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my MV36 Friday and just got back from the lake and mounted it on Swatty. The wind is howling so going to try and sight it in tomorrow. I didn't bother using the mounts that came with it and used a set of high mounts I had laying around. Swats need some high mounts IMO. I posted last week that the eye relief seemed to be about 2" but it is really at least 3". Scope is almost identical in size to a Hawke XB30 I bought a few weeks ago but I like the reticle on the MV36 much, much better. A lot less cluttered to me. Glass is clearer than the Hawke and as clear as my Vortex Crossfire ii 3-9x40. The turrets look easily adjustable and labeled 5 clicks for 1/2" at 20 yards. The scope weighs 14oz with scope covers on.

I will update this thread when I get to sighting it in. The red accents on the MV36 were made for Swatty! 👍

Bicycle Bicycle frame Bicycle tire Bicycle handlebar Automotive tire
Automotive tire Light Bicycle part Rim Automotive wheel system
Automotive tire Bicycle handlebar Automotive lighting Vehicle Bicycle fork
Font Material property Cylinder Auto part Automotive exhaust
Font Tints and shades Rectangle Carmine Magenta

·
5,271 Posts
Good deal Jim. Hope it’s a good one for you. I just sent payment for a used Evo x to try on the Darton. We shall see how it goes.

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good deal Jim. Hope it’s a good one for you. I just sent payment for a used Evo x to try on the Darton. We shall see how it goes.
EvoX are good scopes. 👍 If all goes well with this scope I will be selling the Hawke I never even mounted lol.

Reactions: JOE PA

·
6,398 Posts
Congratulations on getting MV 36.

Some more thoughts on the MV.

Rings: I’d get AL extra high. These are nice but too low.

Tracking. Like most every other Xbow specific scope - delayed and imprecise. Seems to take a very little more adjustment than you’d calculate. Make the adjustment by going thru and coming back and tap the adjustment area with your knuckle. Shoot, readjust, 3,4 ,5 times at 20 Yards. Shoot 2-3x at each setting to let it settle in. Get the vertical on but only close horizontally.
After the scope settles in, it’s there!

If shooting 390-400g, dial in the actual speed. If 500g, dial in 25’/sec faster. Shoot at 60. Use the L-R turret to adjust L/R. Use the speed ring for vertical. If hitting high, set the speed dial faster
Then further refine at 80 or 100.

Optically. Great in the center 2/3 but some fisheye on outer 1/3. Shouldn’t be any problem.
Lighted reticle - incredible!

After shooting this for a while and appreciating the perfectly placed reticles, send bmiller a message thanking and congratulating him.😊

·
Premium Member
3,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congratulations on getting MV 36.

Some more thoughts on the MV.

Rings: I’d get AL extra high. These are nice but too low.

Tracking. Like most every other Xbow specific scope - delayed and imprecise. Seems to take a very little more adjustment than you’d calculate. Make the adjustment by going thru and coming back and tap the adjustment area with your knuckle. Shoot, readjust, 3,4 ,5 times at 20 Yards. Shoot 2-3x at each setting to let it settle in. Get the vertical on but only close horizontally.
After the scope settles in, it’s there!

If shooting 390-400g, dial in the actual speed. If 500g, dial in 25’/sec faster. Shoot at 60. Use the L-R turret to adjust L/R. Use the speed ring for vertical. If hitting high, set the speed dial faster
Then further refine at 80 or 100.

Optically. Great in the center 2/3 but some fisheye on outer 1/3. Shouldn’t be any problem.
Lighted reticle - incredible!

After shooting this for a while and appreciating the perfectly placed reticles, send bmiller a message thanking and congratulating him.😊
Thanks Steve! Looking forward to dialing it tomorrow. 😊

Reactions: SEW

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Thanks Steve! Looking forward to dialing it tomorrow. 😊
C’mon Jim, get the wifey out there to shine a light on your target while you get that scope dialed in TONIGHT. 🤣 Tell her that we’re depending on you.:D

·
6,398 Posts
SEW did you say there was some fisheye? I like the looks of that reticle. Scopes with fisheye really screw with my OCD!
The outer 1/3 has slight distortion. No more , or even nearly as much, than many lower priced scopes. It’s a $230 scope, with perfect reticle sizes and spacing and lighting holds zero well, perfect size, with slight fisheye at the edges. Mike, I’m obviously OCD also. Owning this scope would be good therapy for your OCD. You’re not getting any younger.

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
The outer 1/3 has slight distortion. No more , or even nearly as much, than many lower priced scopes. It’s a $230 scope, with perfect reticle sizes and spacing and lighting holds zero well, perfect size, with slight fisheye at the edges. Mike, I’m obviously OCD also. Owning this scope would be good therapy for your OCD. You’re not getting any younger.
I don’t look a day over 57!

1 - 20 of 176 Posts