Crossbow Nation banner
61 - 80 of 133 Posts

Premium Member
Thanks Marsha!! Classy, ha, I can't believe Tnmtns didn't have something to say about that! 馃槀
Giving my buddy a short break! Don't worry, I'll be back...... LOL.

• Haha
Reactions: One eyed archer

Premium Member
One eyed archer my foot! Gonna start calling you "Eagle eyed archer"

Premium Member

Premium Member
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
So, do you have to special order the "girly" version, or are they in stock? Asking for a friend! LOL
Hey now!.... @KTownKiller and I rock that color thank you very much!

I actually got a great deal on them from the marketplace a while ago. I could live with the pink vanes for 1/2 the price! 馃ぃ...turns out they are also pretty easy to find. Not anything else pink in the woods but lung blood! 馃槈馃槀

Registered
I wish I could understand how colors jump out at you but alas being color blind it鈥檚 a foreign concept to me.
White vanes stand out best for me in the woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A guy on my club shot at a nice buck one morning and I saw him about an hour later and he told me he had missed the shot somehow. I know he is a good shot so I asked him where the deer was standing in the plot he was hunting and he told me so I went and looked and there was blood everywhere. I called him and he came back and we found his deer. He denies being color blind to this day but I had to reach down and wipe blood all over my fingers before he realized it was blood. His wife hunts with him now.

Registered
I wish I could understand how colors jump out at you but alas being color blind it鈥檚 a foreign concept to me.
White vanes stand out best for me in the woods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I鈥檓 severely color blind too. My colors of choice for vanes are white and fluorescent yellow. When blood trailing I look for wetness because red does not stand out at all for me.

Reactions: huntwf and robertyb

Premium Member
Hey now!.... @KTownKiller and I rock that color thank you very much!

I actually got a great deal on them from the marketplace a while ago. I could live with the pink vanes for 1/2 the price! 馃ぃ...turns out they are also pretty easy to find. Not anything else pink in the woods but lung blood! 馃槈馃槀
Hey, you NEW it was coming..... LOL

Besides, If I did pick a bit at times, you would think I was mad at you! Just keeping things rolling.....

Reactions: One eyed archer

Registered
I鈥檓 severely color blind too. My colors of choice for vanes are white and fluorescent yellow. When blood trailing I look for wetness because red does not stand out at all for me.
Pretty much the same here too. I bought a pair of these glasses. They seemed to help wet blood stand out better but once it dried they didn鈥檛 help much.

I invested in this for the upcoming season. I鈥檓 still playing with it but I believe it could be beneficial with recoveries especially on a cold day.

I have friends that will help and my dog has found a couple for me but anything I can get that will tip the scales a bit in my favor I鈥檒l give a try.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Registered
I used the hot pink vanes for several years until I finally uI use the same sed my supply up. I love them when I am hunting for an arrow in the woods or buried in a field. That pink jumps out at you even better than florescent orange I think.
I use the same combo Heat Vanes, 2 Hot Pink and one White for my X1...........

Registered
Red - green is the most common form of color blindness. They make corrective glasses for color blindness...as cheap as $40 on Amazon and prescription glasses can have it built in as well. The blue illumination that ki uses helps people with this disability.

Registered
Red - green is the most common form of color blindness. They make corrective glasses for color blindness...as cheap as $40 on Amazon and prescription glasses can have it built in as well. The blue illumination that ki uses helps people with this disability.
I have a pair of the corrective glasses and they work well in bright sunshine but not so well in the woods or at night under artificial light.

Registered
MK-XB58 Kraken / Hawke 3-9x50 parallax, mildot
I have a pair of the corrective glasses and they work well in bright sunshine but not so well in the woods or at night under artificial light.
was just thinking few times ago, there are differencies in glasses too, they used to make mine in germany and switcherland

now they are all plastic with coatings that gets scratches when you first time use em

61 - 80 of 133 Posts