Crossbow Nation banner
101 - 120 of 133 Posts

·
Administrator
TP Nitro 505, Vapor 470, Siege, Sub 1 XR
2,113 Posts
As many of you are aware I’m no KI fan. But
I received one of these scopes today. And I have to say my experience with it is very positive. I shot it at 20-30-40-50-60 and 80 yards the reticle spacing is about perfect. I shot it in a Tenpoint Viper. The scope is plenty clear and the speed dial lock works well. For the price I have no complaints at all about it. For the money it’s definitely one of the better scopes on the market IMO if your looking for a multi reticle crossbow scope. Only shot it about 20 shots but it is very well through our scope the rheostat illumination works great as well.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
I received one of these scopes today. And I have to say my experience with it is very positive. I shot it at 20-30-40-50-60 and 80 yards the reticle spacing is about perfect. I shot it in a Tenpoint Viper. The scope is plenty clear and the speed dial lock works well. For the price I have no complaints at all about it. For the money it’s definitely one of the better scopes on the market IMO if your looking for a multi reticle crossbow scope. Only shot it about 20 shots but it is very well through our scope the rheostat illumination works great as well.
Glad you like it bud. Nice to see you getting back on the KI train! 🤣😂

• Haha
Reactions: The man.

·
3,573 Posts
OMG! Will wonders never cease! All kidding aside, it's a good sign that you can compliment the scope, considering your feelings for KI.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Day one of shooting with the new scope, dialed at 20yds in three shots, the started back at 50yds. Got 50 pretty much dialed in(smacked two arrows, one down). Back to 90yd, 8" low, hmm, slow down the speed ring by 5, then I'm 4 " high, speed it up 2 and I'm hitting low by 6", Ugh the frustration, shift to 60 and its high by 3-4 " wtf?

I suspect with I'm likely going to have to go with a speed faster than 400fps as SEW mentioned earlier, but with my arrows weighing in at 480 grains I'd figure I'd try slower first then going faster.

My back eagle zombie slayers , the epoxy(Sirius archery) seems to be letting go on a few. Not sure why, inserts pulled out on three arrows in the target. You can see the epoxy stuck to the inserts I recovered. I've had the same issue with my vertical bow and black eagle ximpact arrows before as well. I learned a long time ago to not follow their directions with how to clean the shafts with water, always scuff up the inside and clean with acetone/alcohol, it's the only way they stick. I might have forgot on the second portion to do that, as the first six I made are fantastic, the second 6 nope.

·
Registered
MK-XB58 Kraken / Hawke 3-9x50 parallax, mildot
3,628 Posts
my brains was constantly repeating about eye and brain fatique reading through that text
and to my joy i found it mentioned in last sentence

"Do higher end optics with better optical systems allow us to work better, be more accurate and more quick, though? Yes, because they have less flaws present for our brain to ignore."
i dont have enough scope time to know if it matters on any kind of shooting, but i do know it happens on screentime, your brains and eye will get tired lookin at bad quality display, sooner or later

·
3,573 Posts
Here's what I found. If you're diopter adjustment is not right, you will have a bit of a haze in the periphery of the FOV. More importantly, set the scope so you are not as far away from the scope as you can get, but get to the middle or closest distance from the scope. The later I found to be what cleared up any or almost all distortion in the outer edge.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
20 -30 scopes in the closet.......the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem. 🤫
The problem isnt the scope numbers....its the fact that 95% of them are mounted on something. Now thats a problem....but the first step is admitting it. Maybe marketplace will help me on the road to recovery....(y)

·
5,233 Posts
Guess it varies with individual eyes, just like reticles, illumination, etc. I looked for fish eye in mine, and I honestly don’t see much. Is there some? Sure. Compared to the 3Hawkes I’ve had, the Rangemaster, and the Tact Zone, it’s a good bit less than those. One observation I’ve had was the two I’ve seen that had the least (Pinpoint 1-4, and XBR) both have a black ring around the eyepiece, with the part you see being inside that. Most of the fisheye in other scopes seems to be in the area that is “blacked out” in the scopes with virtually none. Again, it varies from eye to eye and we should all search until we find something that satisfies.

·
Premium Member
3,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
Guess it varies with individual eyes, just like reticles, illumination, etc. I looked for fish eye in mine, and I honestly don’t see much. Is there some? Sure. Compared to the 3Hawkes I’ve had, the Rangemaster, and the Tact Zone, it’s a good bit less than those. One observation I’ve had was the two I’ve seen that had the least (Pinpoint 1-4, and XBR) both have a black ring around the eyepiece, with the part you see being inside that. Most of the fisheye in other scopes seems to be in the area that is “blacked out” in the scopes with virtually none. Again, it varies from eye to eye and we should all search until we find something that satisfies.
I agree Jeff. I saw some in mine looking thru it not mounted. Once I got it mounted and adjusted the way I wanted it I don't notice any unless I really look hard for it.... even then it's on the very outside and would only effect me if I was shooting 120 yards or more at a deer (I'm not).

Reactions: JOE PA

·
Registered
7,518 Posts
The problem isnt the scope numbers....its the fact that 95% of them are mounted on something. Now thats a problem....but the first step is admitting it. Maybe marketplace will help me on the road to recovery....(y)
As long as they are all mounted then there is nothing to see here...move along. 🤠

·
Premium Member
5,830 Posts
I have 5 or 6 scopes not mounted on anything, but not going anywhere either. I keep them in case I run into a deal on another rifle or bow later.

Reactions: JOE PA

·
Registered
7,518 Posts
Curious as to how many wear prescription glasses and could this be part of the fish eye problem? I am near sighted and like to wear my glasses in my stand so that I can see further into woods and movement but I do not like shooting with them.

·
5,233 Posts
I agree Jeff. I saw some in mine looking thru it not mounted. Once I got it mounted and adjusted the way I wanted it I don't notice any unless I really look hard for it.... even then it's on the very outside and would only effect me if I was shooting 120 yards or more at a deer (I'm not).
Another factor with this scope, for me, is I have no need or intention to use most of the reticle. On my Darton, I have center dot on 30 ( it’s also good at 20). Sighted the 3rd dot at 50 to set the speed ring. I will probably take a few shots at 60 ( the max target at our club range), just for kicks. Hunting will be 50 or less, with the vast majority being stick the center dot on ribs behind the shoulder and squeeze it off. Those who want to shoot out past 100 will be more affected by any fisheye they may see.

Mike, yes, progressive bifocals, nearsighted, and significant astigmatism. When I look through a scope without my glasses, the crosshairs look curved and slanted. :cautious:

101 - 120 of 133 Posts