Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased and assembled The KI Ripper 415 and when I go to cock it the cable slide " skips " and there is squeaking noise. The slide does not come up smooth. I applied lube as per the instruction manual but something seems wrong. Has anybody ever experienced this?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok will do. The slide was already installed on the cables with a yellow tag showing how to install. I don't think it can be installed any other way.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Yes it can! From experience you can install the slide from either side but the slide must be turned 180 degrees to match the cable crossing and the deeper rove within in it.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
That is correct.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
I think your cables are crossed ? But let somebody else confirm or deny it because I dont own that particular bow. Seems like they are rubbing hard against each other

Does your instruction pics show it that way?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
One side will rub. Mine do! Just make sure you apply good string rub. Did you apply rub to the slide rail? It shouldn't take much because the slide is hard plastic sliding on smooth aluminum.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes I did. I use string snot on the strings and rail snot on the rail. Maybe a little more lube?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Does it look like it is installed correctly?
Yes it appears to be correct. That red slide is designed to install from either side. But one must be sure the cable which crosses on top goes in the deeper slide grove.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Yes I did. I use string snot on the strings and rail snot on the rail. Maybe a little more lube?
I'm talking about the slide rail underneath the the arrow rail not the arrow rail on top.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Good! Is the squeak coming from the slide or the cams? Mine had a squeak at the cams so I oiled the cam bushings..

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Also your rope cocking device pulleys may squeak while you are cocking the bow

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Also your rope cocking device pulleys may squeak while you are cocking the bow
You were correct the rope cocking device was squeaking. I put drop of liquid bearings on the rollers and all quiet. I called KI about the cable slide and they told me to add more lube to the cable slide rail. I relubed it and it's a little better but still not smooth when cocking.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
There must be something wrong with the matting surfaces. I would look closer even if I had to take the riser off to take the slide out to slide it along the under rail. If that is smooth then before you reassemble apply more string wax to the cables and work it in well so they are well protected where they cross. That area has the most friction of any part ic the bow so always keep close watch. I

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
If you don't mine show me a photo of the were you place the hooks and anchor/loop the rope cocking device.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If you don't mine show me a photo of the were you place the hooks and anchor/loop the rope cocking device.
I will send you a photo later when I am finished with work. I disassembled the bow and checked the slide and rail all looks good. Added more lube and string wax too but still not right. I am afraid to fully cock the bow and try a shot.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts