Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I just looked at the photos on my slide to cable relationship. I know I stated earlier that slide will work on either side of the rail. But there is a chance you might get less rub putting it in from the left side as opposed to the right. In other words crossing the cables on the left side. But you will need to turn the slide 180 degrees to match the cable needs.

R Cables.jpg

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Sorry I sent the wrong one. This is correct.
20200731_105332.jpg

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Sorry I sent the wrong one. This is correct.
View attachment 182104
Ok! I am sorry but here is the explanation for this confusion. The bottom photo is of my most recent assembled view. What happened was I had a new set of cables installed locally. The technician crossed the cables opposite of how they were originally. Is was because of that cable inversion both of these are right. As you can see the deepest slide grove must have the top cable routed thru it.

·
Registered
9,636 Posts
I will send you a photo later when I am finished with work. I disassembled the bow and checked the slide and rail all looks good. Added more lube and string wax too but still not right. I am afraid to fully cock the bow and try a shot.
I know you said you lubed the cable slide but did you get lube between the top of the slide and the bottom of the rail?

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
I just purchased and assembled The KI Ripper 415 and when I go to cock it the cable slide " skips " and there is squeaking noise. The slide does not come up smooth. I applied lube as per the instruction manual but something seems wrong. Has anybody ever experienced this?
More then likely the squeaking noise is related to the cable slide. However, I have owned Xbows that squeak and added oil to the roper cocker hook slide guides rivets and the squeak instantly went away. As for the skipping I don't know.

Hope you find a fix. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I will send you a photo later when I am finished with work. I disassembled the bow and checked the slide and rail all looks good. Added more lube and string wax too but still not right. I am afraid to fully cock the bow and try a shot.
Anything new or different?

·
Registered
21 Posts
More then likely the squeaking noise is related to the cable slide. However, I have owned Xbows that squeak and added oil to the roper cocker hook slide guides rivets and the squeak instantly went away. As for the skipping I don't know.

Hope you find a fix. Good luck!
Thanks Tom, Just had to do this on my new KI Speed 425 rope cocker, which was my source of the squeak.

Mike

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Here are the photos you were asking for.
NTM,
Thanks I'm seeing only normal process other than putting your slide in opposite as I suggested. Every potential cause is addressed.
Wondering if you made sure your rope cocking hook rollers are rolling as opposed to being locked up.
The only sound I notice when cocking the Ripper is minor limb flexing.
You do have option of shooting it till something breaks. Then the warranty will cover the issues. Don't worry about something breaking as it will not likely happen during the shot.
Or you can go back to KI now. They have taken care of me.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
You might like this video I did with my Ripper.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
NTM,
Thanks I'm seeing only normal process other than putting your slide in opposite as I suggested. Every potential cause is addressed.
Wondering if you made sure your rope cocking hook rollers are rolling as opposed to being locked up.
You do have option of shooting it till something breaks. Then the warranty will cover the issues. Don't worry about something breaking as it will not likely happen during the shot.
Hi,
I called KI and explained everything that was happening. The customer service rep said everything looks correct. He told me the draw on the bow is 200lbs and there is a lot of friction on the slide. I am going to shoot it this weekend and see how it goes. The KI tech said it is safe and should be fine. I will let you know how it goes.
Thank You for all of your help. The people on here are great.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
NTM,
Hi,
I spoke to Ki and The Customer service rep and explained everything. He said everything looks correct. He told me the bow has a 200lb draw and there is a lot of friction on the slide. He said it is safe and should be fine. I am going to shoot it this weekend and I will let you know how it goes. Thank you for all the help. The people on here are great. Stay Safe and be well.

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Spot on Arrow, What an incredible shot and that is literally walking the walk. Few have done that. :p Daum...... Bullseye!!!! Yikes!!!!! Also, it's a testament you can get a lot of bang for your buck without breaking the bank with a very nice xbow like the Ripper 415. Great Job Killer Instinct!!!!! That is a sub $500 crossbow. Wow! You manufactured a great Xbow at a great price. Score! ;)

Crossbows today perform so well and you are a living testament practice, and good optics provide results that pokes holes in the "Sub-1 and Shoot's like a rifle" marketing gimmicks. Well done sir! Note Mission and Ravin are great Xbows but that doesn't make them a better shooting Xbows. Nuff said!!! Your video validates that. It always gets back to the Indian, their approach and the optics. Folks you gotta give props to Killer Instincts and SOA. This shot video is quite special.

I don't have a flat terrain to shoot out to 115 yards. It's down a hill and up a hill and one of the things I marvel when I shoot is how accurate range finders operate to adjust for elevation angles. Also, it's so cool you can track the arrow flight long enough and see the arrow impact the target. Also, so cool is to hear it impact the target. I have a target frame that I hang my target on. You can see it swing when you hit the target. However, I can't tell exactly where but I do smile when I hear it hit the target. You sir are at an elite level.

Make no mistake this is a side of Xbow ownership that adds recreational value when you are not hunting. However, shooting long to hunt short benefits you the next time you are in the woods. That 30 yard shot will feel so close.

Reactions: Spot-on-arrow

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Killer Instinct, I'd be getting that video in your marketing groups hands. Just sayin'.

Reactions: Spot-on-arrow

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Tom,
Thanks a load for all your kind compliments. The video was icing on the cake and it took little effort. I am glad I can share such an accomplishment because it isn't supposed to be that easy but every thing fell in place.
By the way the selfie video was my first.
Ballistics say it was a 1 second shot with 139 inches of drop. They custom bench and Caldwell Sled make a huge difference in results.
But you are right the Ripper 415 and quality Hawke scope are exceptional archery tools at a fair price.
Note I could actually see were the arrow impacted the target with 4.5 power as I watched the flight all the way. But I wasn't for sure until I walked up. It something I can replay many times.
YouTube made it possible to share due to the huge size.
Thanks
Spot

Reactions: TomOnTheRun

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Killer Instinct, I'd be getting that video in your marketing groups hands. Just sayin'.
Tom,
Thanks again!
Your right KI has an 80 yard marketing video but I guess I one upped the magnitude of possibilities.

Also you mentioned the terrain restrictions you have. I had some also. There is a rise in the range/pasture about 80 yards then a down slope afterwards. That left me only one spot with the bottom target half almost blocked from view. Then the vegetation on the ground and the trees climbs left me very small tunnel to shot. It was just enough.
Best of luck!
Spot

Reactions: TomOnTheRun
21 - 40 of 42 Posts