Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 599 Posts

·
SE VA
12,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will begin my evaluation tomorrow but I highly recommend Mike’s (Ramrod’s) excellent review on this crossbow. IMO, he hit the nail on the head with every aspect of the X1’s design, build and performance. I won’t be doing a general review but, instead, a comparison with the only other crossbow its size that I know of and that’s the Ravin R26. Also keep in mind my age (almost 79) and limited use of my stroke related right side as I shoot and talk about this little fireball😊!

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
yep. you been at it a while.
I certainly will be interested in what you think good or bad and in comparison the the R26

Reactions: SEW

·
2,512 Posts
I will begin my evaluation tomorrow but I highly recommend Mike’s (Ramrod’s) excellent review on this crossbow. IMO, he hit the nail on the head with every aspect of the X1’s design, build and performance. I won’t be doing a general review but, instead, a comparison with the only other crossbow its size that I know of and that’s the Ravin R26. Also keep in mind my age (almost 79) and limited use of my stroke related right side as I shoot and talk about this little fireball😊!
Looking forward to your thoughts Tom. Hope you have fun. Fun gets our minds off the news.. That's just what I need.. 😁

·
SE VA
12,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

More photos coming. X1 in the middle. All three are close enough in length and width. The Ravin R26 is a bit lightest in weight. XP is on the right. Not getting into detailed size and weights specifics now.
I hope to chrono the X1 tomorrow with supplied arrows. It’s just too hot and humid for this old fart to get out there today.

·
Registered
Kelowna, (aka, KTown) BC./ Swat!!! :)
2,591 Posts
I hear a lot of fingers drum'n,,,and maybe a distant drum roll........... antisipation thick as soup!!!.......

·
SE VA
12,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I’m looking forward to what you think about it Mr. Tom. It’s got some stiff competition going up against the little Rocket!!!
Sonny, it’s amazing how different these 2 crossbows are. The X1 with the arrow totally enclosed and 26 with free floating arrow resting only on a tiny twin roller rest, yet they both shoot super accurately compared to other brands that I’ve owned and shot.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Sonny, it’s amazing how different these 2 crossbows are. The X1 with the arrow totally enclosed and 26 with free floating arrow resting only on a tiny twin roller rest, yet they both shoot super accurately compared to other brands that I’ve owned and shot.
How’s the overall balance when shooting and handling the X1. I’m assuming it’s a little heavier than the R26 from Ramrod’s review but not like those other heavy clunkers???

1 - 20 of 599 Posts