Crossbow Nation banner
501 - 520 of 599 Posts

·
SE VA
12,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #502 · (Edited)
I made a small modification in the foot stirrup area on the X1. The 2 screws that hold the stirrup on the crossbow were not to my liking. You need to tighten the screws down really good so that the stirrup doesn’t swing easily. To do that, the supplied screws’ Allen heads are tiny and I didn’t want them to wallow out from putting too much pressure on them. The screw on the right came on the crossbow. The one on the left is like the ones I installed.
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Wood Audio equipment

I also installed a plastic washer on each side of the stirrup where it mates up to the crossbow. Now I can move the stirrup to the angle I want and it stays there👍🏻.

·
2,512 Posts
I made a small modification in the foot stirrup area on the X1. The 2 screws that hold the stirrup on the crossbow were not to my liking. You need to tighten the screws down really good so that the stirrup doesn’t swing easily. To do that, the supplied screws’ Allen heads are tiny and I didn’t want them to wallow out from putting too much pressure on them. The screw on the right came on the crossbow. The one on the left is like the ones I installed. View attachment 206451
I also installed a plastic washer on each side of the stirrup where it mates up to the crossbow. Now I can move the stirrup to the angle I want and stays there👍🏻.
I have been trying for 5 years now to get KI to do this stirrup pivot simple. You must have a 1/16" thick nylon washer (1 for each side) between the steel pivot point of the stirrup and the aluminum block on the riser it attaches to. You drill a 3/16" hole all the way through the aluminum riser block and get a 10-24 x 1-1/2" hex socket head screw and a 10-24 "Nylock" nut and tighten to your liking.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Here’s my finished setup (white washers)
Evan a 79 year old one handed fart can do it.😊 BTW, the trigger on this X1 is NICE👍🏻 View attachment 206459
Nice job Moon! I did that to mine the first day I had it and ended up switching the foot stirrup out to one like on the XP anyway. I really like that stirrup. Fits my needs perfectly. Like you say.. Good thing we have choices! My trigger is wierd on mine but not in a bad way. It just isn't the same as my zero creep, immediately breaking XP trigger. When u first pull it the trigger moves some then makes a light click, pull just a hair more and it goes off.

Reactions: SEW and RSS

·
SE VA
12,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #511 ·
And that’s with KI scope, quiver, arrows, rope cocker and crank cocker. Did I forget anything?😊

·
2,864 Posts
Vortex Nation is in Canada, the conversion and the added sales tax that we have to pay gets close to $1,800.00. That is assuming full retail price.

·
SE VA
12,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #513 ·
Wow!!!! I didn’t realize it was that much dlfference.

·
1,790 Posts
Where did you get the $2000 figure? The max retail of the X1 is $1299.99
Let's break it down shall we.

$1299.00 USD is 1642.00 Canadian.

,$1642.00 x 13% cdn tax =1855.00 Canadian.
Shipping and brokerage fees will be around $150.00

Total $2005.00 give or take a loonie!!

Plus a bow press$.

Welcome to Canada eh!! Lol

·
2,512 Posts
Let's break it down shall we.

$1299.00 USD is 1642.00 Canadian.

,$1642.00 x 13% cdn tax =1855.00 Canadian.
Shipping and brokerage fees will be around $150.00

Total $2005.00 give or take a loonie!!

Plus a bow press$.

Welcome to Canada eh!! Lol
If I would have looked at the Canadian flag by your name, it would have make sense. But I don't pay attention to what left-overs are in the frig either. What can I say. I'm 71.....

501 - 520 of 599 Posts