Crossbow Nation banner
541 - 560 of 599 Posts

·
12,319 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Question for those with the X1.
I have 2 1/2 dozen 18" BEE and Spynal Tapp (customs).
Can I shoot 18" bolts out of the X1 I just order? Man, I am hoping.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Question for those with the X1.
I have 2 1/2 dozen 18" BEE and Spynal Tapp (customs).
Can I shoot 18" bolts out of the X1 I just order? Man, I am hoping.
I think it will be to short for broadheads but OK for fields points !

·
SE VA
12,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #545 ·
I still haven’t really made up my mind which broadhead I’m going to use with the X1. I’m using 100 grain RamCats with my R26 but will likely choose something different for the X1. I’d best start looking through the broadhead drawers in the shop.😊

·
Registered
37 Posts
I think an outsert would hit inside the barrel also, no?
Hoping to find some kind of "arrow extension" insert.

·
SE VA
12,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #548 ·
Ramrod and I met down at the farm this morning to do some shooting with the XI.
Using the supplied arrows but I changed the nocks to flats. This little bow never dropped an arrow out of the dot from 30 to 60 yards!!!!! Now all I have to do is bring a couple 100 grain RamCats down to see how they shoot.
I will have to say, I’ve shot nothing that is more consistently accurate than this little crossbow.
BTW, we were shooting offhand/knee with no tripods.
Hunting season starts in 2 weeks!!!👍🏻😊

·
Registered
193 Posts
Ramrod and I met down at the farm this morning to do some shooting with the XI.
Using the supplied arrows but I changed the nocks to flats. This little bow never dropped an arrow out of the dot from 30 to 60 yards!!!!! Now all I have to do is bring a couple 100 grain RamCats down to see how they shoot.
I will have to say, I’ve shot nothing that is more consistently accurate than this little crossbow.
BTW, we were shooting offhand/knee with no tripods.
Hunting season starts in 2 weeks!!!👍🏻😊
Hopefully a good one will present the opportunity for you to get a shot at him Mr Tom. I think he’s in trouble if he does!!!🦌

·
SE VA
12,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #550 · (Edited)
Sonny, thanks 😊 I was thinking about pulling the Zeiss XB75 off the X1 and trying a red dot/HHA Optimizer setup but the bow is shooting so good I think I’m leaving it as is for awhile.
Product Air gun Automotive design Trigger Engineering

Ramrod was laughing at my crank extension but also admitted how effective it is in reducing cranking effort😆

·
SE VA
12,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #551 ·
Second time I’ve had a 70 grain insert pull out when pulling a KI arrow out of my 18/1 broadhead target. 🙄 I am pulling them all and replacing them with 110 grain inserts and gluing them in with Gorilla Super Glue. 2 RamCats embedded in my target now😵‍💫.!

·
Registered
3,344 Posts
Same thing happened to me today Moon...Easton 9mm factory brass insert.....gone...In the middle of the target somewhere....boy thats irritating !

·
SE VA
12,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #554 · (Edited)
So my X1 arrows will now weigh right at 430 grains. I’ll chrono this combo in the morning to see how much speed I’ve lost……not that I care😊.
These 110 grain inserts are longer with indentations along the length of them which should be a plus for additional adhesion of the Gorilla Super glue.

·
SE VA
12,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #555 ·
I'll sell you a brass magnet.
Got one for aluminum too.
Jeff, you should get a patent on those.👍🏻
Sports equipment Toy Leaf Sports gear Grass

Once a broadhead is lost in these rubber type targets, I’ve never been able to get them out without cutting up (ruining) the target😵‍💫.

·
2,512 Posts

Jeff, you should get a patent on those.👍🏻
View attachment 206921
Once a broadhead is lost in these rubber type targets, I’ve never been able to get them out without cutting up (ruining) the target😵‍💫.
As you pull your arrow out, remember the hole it made. If it's missing the BH, put a 5/16" steel rod into that hole and hammer the BH out the other side.

·
SE VA
12,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #557 ·
I don’t see this happening again with my Gorilla glued longer 110 grain inserts. The X1 was sighted in and ready to hunt. Now I’ve got to go through that process again. Shouldn’t take long though. This little bow shoots em all in the dot!!!!!! Just ask Ramrod😊

·
Registered
685 Posts
So my X1 arrows will now weigh right at 430 grains. I’ll chrono this combo in the morning to see how much speed I’ve lost……not that I care😊.
These 110 grain inserts are longer with indentations along the length of them which should be a plus for additional adhesion of the Gorilla Super glue.
I’m waiting for this as I did the same. My guess 375 fps. I was able to pull 2 of the inserts out and the 3rd I broke the arrow. They must glue 1 really good and the other 2 with the left over glue 😡

·
Registered
KI Swat X1, Mission MXB 360
42 Posts
My factory arrows with 125gr tip are clocking right at 380fps.

·
SE VA
12,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #560 ·
I just chrono’d the 430 grain KI arrow @ 370 FPS. That’s suits me to a T 😊. When I go back to the farm I’ll turn that scope’s speed dial back a bit and get it ready for season.

541 - 560 of 599 Posts