Crossbow Nation banner
621 - 640 of 692 Posts

·
SE VA
12,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #622 ·
I had forgot that I had one🙄. I found it lying in the safe today and thought why not throw it on the X1.

·
SE VA
12,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #625 ·
Yep, it’s been around for quite awhile. Got a couple broadheads embedded in there somewhere. Been lucky so far that I haven’t hit one.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I’ve now pulled the 70 grain inserts on all my X1 arrows and switched to 110 grain Gold Tips that I get from Dave at Wyvern. No more inserts pulling out when sighting in broadheads plus increased accuracy consistency👍🏻 View attachment 207344
Hi Moon,
How did you remove the 70 gr inserts?

·
SE VA
12,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #627 · (Edited)
I attach a 125 grain field point and lock on a pair vise grips, hold the arrow vertically up around the back of the arrow and tap the vise grips downward with a hammer.
Tool Wood Bullet Household hardware Font

I stopped using the heat transfer method because I suspected it causes arrow shaft damage.

·
12,620 Posts
Added some weight to the X1 today😊. As accurately as it shoots without a level I doubt I’ll see any difference. View attachment 207384
View attachment 207385
Got one ... of those levels, but I didn't like the level being so low. I like the scope mounted levels because I can be "in the scope" and still glance at the level with my left eye. I often do too.
Tire Wheel Plant Bicycle tire Vehicle
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Vehicle Tree Plant

·
SE VA
12,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #629 ·
I really don’t pay that much attention to it. Just an occasional check to see how I’m aiming without it.
The X1 is so consistently accurate without it I don’t see how it will make a practical difference.

·
12,620 Posts
I really don’t pay that much attention to it. Just an occasional check to see how I’m aiming without it.
The X1 is so consistently accurate without it I don’t see how it will make a practical difference.
I agree ... "practical difference" being the key. Short range probably doesn't make much difference if you're close to level. Still, it doesn't take but a nanosecond and it doesn't hurt. I was very successfully shooting my little AR15 out to 900 yards and I swear much of the success was religiously leveling the rifle with a quality level as part of my shot sequence. It's become a bit imprinted for me now. I just use inexpensive levels on my crossbows.
Air gun Engineering Machine Auto part Shotgun
Reflex camera Digital camera Camera accessory Camera lens Mirrorless interchangeable-lens camera

·
12,620 Posts
I had forgot that I had one🙄. I found it lying in the safe today and thought why not throw it on the X1.
You must ... have one of them walk in safes like they have in banks. :unsure::rolleyes: You've got so many jewels stashed away that you can't even remember what's in there. 😂

·
Registered
545 Posts
Get a biggin Moon

Ravin R26 & KI Swat X1
Sig Sauer BDX and Kilo
Thorn Crown 125 and HPX 125

·
SE VA
12,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #640 ·
I’m still amazed at the consistent accuracy I’m getting with the X1 using supplied KI arrows with only changes to 110 grain inserts and flat nocks.
After sitting in my hunting stool for 3 hours yesterday and practicing aiming, I’ve decided to use my modified knee pod for crossbow fore end support. Hunting shots mostly come quickly and at an odd angle. No time for slouching down to rest the fore end on my knee. My right hand and arm are useless since having a stroke so I have to find other ways to support the crossbow’s fore end for hunting shots……in case I ever get one😆. I’ll post a photo of how I intend to overcome my handicap.
I’m really happy so far with string and cable durability. I have no plans to go to after market string and cables. I want to keep the X1 and arrows as close to stock as I can.

621 - 640 of 692 Posts