Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the best warranty is the one you don't need but ki has went way above and beyond for me on my deal. I'm not going to go into details but unless I just have more excessive issues they have a customer for life. From the info I have the limb issue should be resolved with the new limbs they've went to. I was very unhappy with my limb failure but they've addressed the situation and handled it promptly.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I know the best warranty is the one you don't need but ki has went way above and beyond for me on my deal. I'm not going to go into details but unless I just have more excessive issues they have a customer for life. From the info I have the limb issue should be resolved with the new limbs they've went to. I was very unhappy with my limb failure but they've addressed the situation and handled it promptly.
Glad to hear you made out good. As far as I am concerned KI has my buisiness for life as well. Exceptional customer service and great people IMO.

·
Registered
Backinda woods of Maine
1,509 Posts
Glad to hear it. Good customer service is an important selling point. Companies that stand behind their products develop lasting relationships with their customers. And when your customers are happy your sales will show it.
Take care
Oncebitten

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have not had as good of luck with them, left a couple of messages and never received a call back. Finally got ahold of there customer service and told them of the serving separating issue with the X1 and he said they have never heard of that, and I could not get a new string I would need to bring it in to one of there dealers and they could order me a string. Talk about a PITA, also asked to buy a stirrup for the XP to put on the X1 and he told me that it would not fit and wouldn't sell me one. Went on their web site and ordered one anyway and it fit like a glove. He also said he would not send the string because a dealer needs to put it on, yet you can buy them also on there site. No warm fuzzy feeling here.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Glad to see your positive post. Referring to the thread owner.

Each of the four crossbow brands I have owned had a limb failure so I believe it sorta the nature of the stressed material to fail eventually. The Horton lasted the longest of all of them before failure. The point is KI was fast in sending me a riser assembly to replace the failed one. The others didn't have lifetime warranty on climbs so no good.
All I had to do was file the claim on line with my proof of purchase already registered. Then I provided close up photo of the damage. Very quickly I got the assembly and exchanged it by their returned postage paid.
That is the way to do business and keep the customer happy.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I have not had as good of luck with them, left a couple of messages and never received a call back. Finally got ahold of there customer service and told them of the serving separating issue with the X1 and he said they have never heard of that, and I could not get a new string I would need to bring it in to one of there dealers and they could order me a string. Talk about a PITA, also asked to buy a stirrup for the XP to put on the X1 and he told me that it would not fit and wouldn't sell me one. Went on their web site and ordered one anyway and it fit like a glove. He also said he would not send the string because a dealer needs to put it on, yet you can buy them also on there site. No warm fuzzy feeling here.
Geez man. That's disappointing to hear that. I wonder who it was you dealt with? He sounds like he's new or something.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ask for Kendra she's the most down to earth person at a company you can deal with. If they lose her they've lost the biggest asset that company has

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Glad to see your positive post. Referring to the thread owner.

Each of the four crossbow brands I have owned had a limb failure so I believe it sorta the nature of the stressed material to fail eventually. The Horton lasted the longest of all of them before failure. The point is KI was fast in sending me a riser assembly to replace the failed one. The others didn't have lifetime warranty on climbs so no good.
All I had to do was file the claim on line with my proof of purchase already registered. Then I provided close up photo of the damage. Very quickly I got the assembly and exchanged it by their returned postage paid.
That is the way to do business and keep the customer happy.
They are no longer sending out full head assemblies, only limbs and you have to get them put on somewhere or send it to them to have it done

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
They are no longer sending out full head assemblies, only limbs and you have to get them put on somewhere or send it to them to have it done
Ok!
I have a KI dealer to service mine locally so no big issue.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I didn’t want to derail this thread and I’m sure the guy was new or something. Just a little frustrated about going to a dealer when we know what the problem is but I totally get it. They want to make sure it’s done right. The good news is there is a dealer about 20 miles away. Didn’t purchase it from them as I didn’t know they carried KI. Will see if they work with me.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Reactions: SEW

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Are they paying the dealer to install them? I have archery shops in my area, but not KI dealers.
Not sure haven't been able to get ahold of them for 2 days now, imagine that. I was just going to ship mine to them bc the new limbs won't be there till this coming Monday anyways but I reckon they think I'm going to pay for that which I don't think is fair since this obviously is neglect on the qa side. I know of 3 speed 425 that broke the same weekend as mine and I referred ki to them bc at first I loved mine. Now they're all pissed at me for talking them into buying it 😂🤦🏻‍♂️. They can't get a call back either so my post may have been prematurely made about them being so great and having a lifetime customer. Seen where a fatal x with 30 shots had a catastrophic limb failure yesterday so it's looking like they don't have the same limbs as the Swat models, must be from the same company who makes these other JUNK limbs for every other model they have. I'm fixing to just try to get my money back and go with an Excalibur micro 355 or something like that so I'm not up the creek without a paddle like this again for weeks.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts