Crossbow Nation banner

Killer instinct customer service can't be touched

13K views 62 replies 26 participants last post by  poobahdrummer 
#1 ·
I know the best warranty is the one you don't need but ki has went way above and beyond for me on my deal. I'm not going to go into details but unless I just have more excessive issues they have a customer for life. From the info I have the limb issue should be resolved with the new limbs they've went to. I was very unhappy with my limb failure but they've addressed the situation and handled it promptly.

#7 ·
I have not had as good of luck with them, left a couple of messages and never received a call back. Finally got ahold of there customer service and told them of the serving separating issue with the X1 and he said they have never heard of that, and I could not get a new string I would need to bring it in to one of there dealers and they could order me a string. Talk about a PITA, also asked to buy a stirrup for the XP to put on the X1 and he told me that it would not fit and wouldn't sell me one. Went on their web site and ordered one anyway and it fit like a glove. He also said he would not send the string because a dealer needs to put it on, yet you can buy them also on there site. No warm fuzzy feeling here.

#8 ·
Glad to see your positive post. Referring to the thread owner.

Each of the four crossbow brands I have owned had a limb failure so I believe it sorta the nature of the stressed material to fail eventually. The Horton lasted the longest of all of them before failure. The point is KI was fast in sending me a riser assembly to replace the failed one. The others didn't have lifetime warranty on climbs so no good.
All I had to do was file the claim on line with my proof of purchase already registered. Then I provided close up photo of the damage. Very quickly I got the assembly and exchanged it by their returned postage paid.
That is the way to do business and keep the customer happy.

#15 ·
I didn’t want to derail this thread and I’m sure the guy was new or something. Just a little frustrated about going to a dealer when we know what the problem is but I totally get it. They want to make sure it’s done right. The good news is there is a dealer about 20 miles away. Didn’t purchase it from them as I didn’t know they carried KI. Will see if they work with me.

#18 ·
Reactions: SEW
#22 ·
It’s a fact of life that equipment problems can ruin a hunt. No matter what crossbow you have be sure to have a backup plan, i.e. spare crossbow or limbs, spare scope, spare string, etc. Our equipment is far from perfect. With all the evidence of equipment problems out there I am not going to roll the dice.

Deer season only comes once a year so be prepared!!

Bill

#26 ·
This could be due to seasonal demand with hunting season here.

Reactions: One eyed archer
#28 ·
I have also had issues getting email responses and voice messages also. The best way I have found is to call relatively close to when they open and put my phone on speaker and set it down so I can do other things while I wait. I will say once I do get through to a human I get taken care of in short order. But they should at least change their voice message to not suggest a 48h response if they can't hold to it.

#31 ·
I believe alot of the limb failures are directly related to shooting too light of a bolt. I'm runnin 455 grains total unlighted and 475 grains lighted (approx.)and still getting plenty of speed, also it's quieted and "tamed" down my cross bow i got the fatal x last month and its down for a string right now but i shoot everyday i have probably 200+ shots thru this bow and no limb failure for me so far gotta get that balance of weight and speed and so far it's been an expensive endeavor for myself this year but I'm learning alot. If what I've gathered from having broken limbs on my last crossbow (bear x saga 405) and shooting very light arrows then going to this new setup fatal x shooting close to the same speed but just with a hair more weight in the arrow and the crossbow calming right down seems to go hand in hand i have other variables too now but that's what I've learned so far. And I also emailed em over my cables being shot just to possibly even buy some and no response they must be super busy this time of year everyone new is having issues and until alot of the things i mentioned are common knowledge in the crossbow archery world I'd say it's gonna be that way awhile.

#32 ·
What is the reason for the string replacement with that few of shots?
Not enough tension when building the bow string causing serving separation in the arrow-latch area??

As for the limb failures, if the manufacture made a better quality, thicker, this would give more re enforcement.

For the owners that have these crossbows and have had limb replacements, find a solution to re enforce them.
As things are now, unless the manufacture does a recall and puts out better product, one is receiving the same
faulty product as a replacement from the dealer or importer.

Wishing you all the best.
Take care.

#33 ·
I agree with ya there especially for the price some of us pay for em they should be better quality just sharing what has helped me and as for the strings the x cam is pretty aggressive and separated the cable servings and about the same time my center serving string broke its just due for replacement and as of now the aftermarket is the only option so I'm upgrading it now sucks it's in the middle of the rut here in ohio but i shoot quite a bit the 200 shots were in about 30 days i wish they had lasted longer but they are sharp angles and under fairly high tension

#36 ·
It's unfortunate to have to use CS but great to know that they have our backs. No KI dealers around me within 100 miles so I am at their mercy. My X1 cut the cable serving at the crossover so I had a new set of KI threads installed at a great archery shop. We did the SEW treatment on them prior to test shooting. I took 6 shots with my 445 grain hunting arrow equipped with plastic flat nocks to confirm zero then decided to try one of the KI Hyper 390 grain arrows with 125gr point so 415 grains. Dealer wanted to verify the moon nock was correctly positioned and we both confirmed that it was. I was a little paranoid about the moon nocks being so sharp so made special care that it was seated correctly on the string. It shot 4" high but dead center at 20 yds. It also caused what he though was a partial string derailment cutting the string serving at the cam. After a reasonable hold time the CS rep told me that they would like to inspect the bow and would send me a prepaid label to return it. I asked if I could wait a few weeks to finish out the season (with my heavies and flat nocks) and it was no problem. Hard to beat that kind of service.

#38 ·
I agree with Don, Brian and others that Arc nocks are the best nocks to use on any of the SWAT series. They are the most serving friendly. For archery season, I’m just using my XP arrows in my X1 and XP.

Before long, I think an acrylic version will become available so low temp hot melt or Teflon tape are ways to not permanently adhere the AL nocks in.

#39 ·
Can't be touched? Or can't be reached? Because that's the issue that I'm having......spent over 6 hours on the phone on hold Monday waiting to speak to one of their customer service representatives.......all for nothing.....nobody answered and it got late so I hung up......I have since emailed them and am still waiting to hear something back from them at all......this is not the time of year when you don't have enough people to take all the calls in the service center......this makes me not feel all that good about getting a response back on my email here in time for them to fix my issue and for me to still be able to make it out to the farm in time to hunt the rut this year......

#40 ·
Let me now come back and report what had happened......I just called them again today about 30mins ago......and waited on hold like I did before......only this time a very nice woman answered the line and asked me a few questions about the problem I was having and to verify my name and address and told me to choose either having the new limbs sent to me or sending the bow to them with their turn around being 3-4weeks right now.....so I said send them to me please.....which she replied that your order has now been placed and they will ship in 2-4 days and I should be receiving them within 1 week and for me to have a very nice rest of the day.....which I most certainly will now knowing that THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE DOESNT MESS AROUND AND WILL REPLACE ANYTHING SO AS LONG AS YOU HAVE REGISTERED YOUR BOW WITHIN THE 30 DAYS TIME AFTER PURCHASE........thank you KI for taking care of me and hopefully getting me out in the woods to still hunt the rut......which is what we all want anyways isn't it???

#41 · (Edited)
After read this positive reaction from issues you were having with your crossbow makes me wondering if I should return my CP 425 Amped and look into getting a KI crossbow instead. I've found several dealer locations but not sure if they would be ones to do service to crossbows also? Which crossbow would you suggest is a good one to look into? I ordered my CP bow from Cabelas so I can just return it for a refund and order one from Cabelas again or if there are better options in Canada do so.

#46 ·
All xbows can have issues but if someone wants to minimize their risk get an excalibur or mission.
The best bet with KI is to pony up for the swat x1.
I really like the X1 but will probably never sell my excalibur or mission xbows.
They've proven to be reliable and accurate.
If the X1 goes down I know I can keep hunting with a good backup xbow.
I think most new xbow hunters would have a lot less stress if they got an excalibur first and use it for backup when buying another xbow when ready to try something else.

#47 ·
Thanks for the info. I've never checked out X caliber. I have a wicked ridge that has failed twice,and and old Horten that is a plain Jane,and that is the best bow. One of the coated cables decided to snap after having it for at least 20 years. I found parts from a real nice fellow that bought out Horten parts when 10 point took over. My limbs had some cracks also from the break. I have killed countless deer with this old reliable,so I fixed her up and as a matter of fact,Im taking it out shortly to hunt. It is a Summit 150. You can cock and decock by hand which is nice not carrying extra stuff. Another cool feature is the scope mount has a yardage dial in 10 yard incriments. I have a BSA red dot on it now. Have a good day.

#49 ·
Thanks for the info. I've never checked out X caliber. I have a wicked ridge that has failed twice,and and old Horten that is a plain Jane,and that is the best bow. One of the coated cables decided to snap after having it for at least 20 years. I found parts from a real nice fellow that bought out Horten parts when 10 point took over. My limbs had some cracks also from the break. I have killed countless deer with this old reliable,so I fixed her up and as a matter of fact,Im taking it out shortly to hunt. It is a Summit 150. You can cock and decock by hand which is nice not carrying extra stuff. Another cool feature is the scope mount has a yardage dial in 10 yard incriments. I have a BSA red dot on it now. Have a good day.
I know the best warranty is the one you don't need but ki has went way above and beyond for me on my deal. I'm not going to go into details but unless I just have more excessive issues they have a customer for life. From the info I have the limb issue should be resolved with the new limbs they've went to. I was very unhappy with my limb failure but they've addressed the situation and handled it promptly.
I'm glad too hear that. I found my safety switch on left side snapped off, called them they gave me service company my area. I though life time warranty wood cover it only covers parts get pay labor not even year old

#52 ·
That's ehat should be the case you would think. I had the same thing happen with a Wicked Ridge. I could have bought a new bow for the price. Junk replacement strings as well. Charged me 90 dollars for the strings and they went bad under 25 shots,and they charged me again. This pair has lasted. The limbs had cracked twice and they covered them,but not labor.