Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a question I ordered a killer instinct lethal crossbow package from seller that says shot 2 times and has box and everything and I paid 170 with free shipping will come in a week. Is it a ok crossbow I also got a ten point pro slider. So wanted a extra bow. I hear mixed reviews on ki lethal. Also I heard scope not the best from reviews but got a cabela's intensity 4x32 scope that I will mount instead. Any advice on what else I should get besides prob better bolts. Also my broadheads I ordered are rage hypodermic.

·
Crossbow Nut
5,713 Posts
I got a question I ordered a killer instinct lethal crossbow package from seller that says shot 2 times and has box and everything and I paid 170 with free shipping will come in a week. Is it a ok crossbow
I got a question..... why do people ask if crossbows are any good....AFTER they buy em? 🤔

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got a question..... why do people ask if crossbows are any good....AFTER they buy em? 🤔
Jack can't you say that about anything. Like if you buy a car or house etc... I also did reviews yes maybe should of asked here before I pulled the trigger. As the reviews you guys give are better then box store reviews.

·
Crossbow Nut
5,713 Posts
It's not just you, I see this often. It's almost like ther sayin "I bought this bow, shur hope I didn't pee in my Wheaties" after it's too late ta unwrap what they did. Yer right though, big box reviews seem to be mostly made by new buyers who are still in the ether and reviews usually glow until reality hits home. 😁

Reactions: [email protected]

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I love the "haven't used it yet but sure came in a pretty box" 5 star reviews. Almost as good as the "I didn't read the description closely enough so I didn't get what I thought I ordered" 1 star review.

Some reviews are pure entertainment.

·
Registered
6 Posts
A local shop had a KI lethal X which I liked. They told me the limbs will break at some point so be prepared. KI has a good warranty and will fix it but your bow could be out for repairs during hunting season and recommended having a backup bow.

·
3,791 Posts
No matter what you do, if you can afford it or when you can afford it, buy a back up bow. One that is simple and not to hyper powered. Maybe buy the backup bow first? There are just too many things that can go wrong with a crossbow.

·
Registered
7,354 Posts
That's the current entry level KI, which historically have a jaded history for reliability and quality control issues. I've built a few and shot them in a range. They just feel "entry level IMO. You're correct, the scope and arrows are only fair in quality, and string servings commonly fail.

This was offered at Cabelas on sale at about $200 earlier this year and they sold quite a few but had a bunch come back. The Lifetime Warranty is great and valuable as long as KI is around. Your $170 buy is not much so if it holds up, you got what you paid for.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts