Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I first used my new Ripper sled cocker I noticed it was designed to center over the rail and left about 1/4" play of each side. Also I noticed the anchor post fit was lose enough to allow the crank body to turn approximated 5 degree towards the side which the crank handles was pulling.
My tuning today was to address these two issues.
First I purchased the drawer rollers I needed at the local Home Depot for about $3. Then when I was lucky enough to get the ones that were the proper diameter the 8-32x1/2" screws provided where too short. But no problem I have a collection of hardware in which I found the proper 1" length screws with a couple of rubber washer to help with the added 1/4" length not needed.
I finished the assembly then try the sled cocker out. During the that time I noticed the added wobble in the mounting post. I removed it and decided to try adding shim to the post in the form of one wrap of electric tape.
Then I tried the sled cocker again. It all worked out perfect for me. The wobble was almost none and the sled tracks evenly and straight. I plan on trying it tomorrow. But already know from garage tries it is 100% better.

Here are photos of the finished product mounted on the Ripper 415.

Bottom view of the plastic drawer rollers on each side of the rail.

20200913_191449.jpg

Top view of the plastic drawer rollers on each side of the rail.

20200913_191225.jpg

Here is a view of the KI sled cocker entire assembly installed to the Ripper 415. Note this same sled cocker is used on two other Killer Instinct models.

Also I tuned the crank handle knob while tightening it. I adjusted the knob for free spinning while being used before I secure it.
Then on the first day of use I found the cords weren't installed completely as they came loss. I tied them then burnt the ends to stop fraying.

In case you wonder those rubber stoppers were pushed into the rail slots for lowering vibration.

20200913_193848.jpg

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
Wow, that is quite the handy-dandy add-on, Spot-on-arrow.
Good work!
I think I may borrow the idea for our Centerpoint 370 Crank Cocker.
Cheers,
dyanmo61

Reactions: Spot-on-arrow

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same Bow and Sled Cocker. This is a great idea, mine does the rocking thing also. I might borrow your idea. DO you know what size rollers you used? and if I might ask, what is the black thing on the end of your buttstock? I love shooting this bow, they are super accurate!

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found some 3/4" rollers at Home Depot for cabinet drawers. That black thing is rubber butt stock cover that I got at WM. The hard stock can scratch my tummy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts