Crossbow Nation banner

201 - 220 of 267 Posts

·
1,647 Posts

Reactions: TomOnTheRun

·
Registered
132 Posts
Ok guys will the Swat xp shoot heavy bolts or does it prefer the stock bolts, I was thinking of trying a 150gn broadhead on the factory bolts also does KI do a lighted nock, and will the factory nock that's in the bolt come out easily or is it glued in?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Tom, I just received mine on Friday. First impressions: very small! When it was delivered to our porch it didn’t occur to me that it was my crossbow because the box was so small. i have two of the original Swats and they will not fit in the box. (they come assembled). The Lumix scope seemed fine but I had purchased an Evo X Marksman and am using it. After Loc-Titing all the screws and mounting the scope I cocked it with the rope cocker. Wow! Nothing like the original. Sew, in his comparison of the two says the original is docile. Great description. The XP is not docile. You need the CCD for doing range work! The CCD works well and is easy to use. Worked similar to the EXCAL Charger EXT. Sighted in at 20 yds in about 5 shots and was hitting penny sized dots with the factory arrows. Have a dozen Spynal Tapps coming from South Shore soon and nocks to convert my existing ones. One question for Sew...Do the XP nocks work fine in the original Swats? After about 15 shots no visible wear on cables or string. Before shooting I lubed them thoroughly with Trident. I found that I really liked the stirrup for using the CCD. It isn’t in the way as I thought it would be. It weighs 10 oz less than my original Swats. The trigger lives up to the hype and is the best of any of the crossbows I’ve owned. It chronoed at 410 FPS for the first shot but I wasn’t careful about set up and suspect it was not as accurate as it can be. Our valley is filled with smoke from the fires and visibility was only a couple of hundred yards while I was shooting. Had to wear an N-95 mask to stay out in it. Hopefully it will clear by the weekend.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Click on the pics....

Mike
Mike, thanks for sharing. I did not know that. Very impressed! It looks like a version of the silent cocker for their other models adapted for the SWATT. Cool beans!

Reactions: beervo2

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Tom, I just received mine on Friday. First impressions: very small! When it was delivered to our porch it didn’t occur to me that it was my crossbow because the box was so small. i have two of the original Swats and they will not fit in the box. (they come assembled). The Lumix scope seemed fine but I had purchased an Evo X Marksman and am using it. After Loc-Titing all the screws and mounting the scope I cocked it with the rope cocker. Wow! Nothing like the original. Sew, in his comparison of the two says the original is docile. Great description. The XP is not docile. You need the CCD for doing range work! The CCD works well and is easy to use. Worked similar to the EXCAL Charger EXT. Sighted in at 20 yds in about 5 shots and was hitting penny sized dots with the factory arrows. Have a dozen Spynal Tapps coming from South Shore soon and nocks to convert my existing ones. One question for Sew...Do the XP nocks work fine in the original Swats? After about 15 shots no visible wear on cables or string. Before shooting I lubed them thoroughly with Trident. I found that I really liked the stirrup for using the CCD. It isn’t in the way as I thought it would be. It weighs 10 oz less than my original Swats. The trigger lives up to the hype and is the best of any of the crossbows I’ve owned. It chronoed at 410 FPS for the first shot but I wasn’t careful about set up and suspect it was not as accurate as it can be. Our valley is filled with smoke from the fires and visibility was only a couple of hundred yards while I was shooting. Had to wear an N-95 mask to stay out in it. Hopefully it will clear by the weekend.
Lambow, Very good review!!!

Damn, I better stop reading this thread. :p

Kudos to KI for upping innovation for Xbow enthusiast. Hope it stands the test of time.

Reactions: Lambow

·
Registered
9,341 Posts
Proprietary AL nocks from KI for 0.300” arrows. $14.99/12.
Looked on the web site and dont see them for sale. Just pictures.

·
1,647 Posts
The nocks have to be securely glued in. Unfortunately there are no illuminated nocks yet.

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
Wow you even get a lighter, what a company KI are lol
Heck yea! Everyone needs a lighter. KI thinking past the kill and going old school with a night light. ;)

·
4,712 Posts
Yes, you can use the AL nocks with the original SWAT. I prefer to use the flat plastic nocks for weight and foc purposes. Now, the geometry of the AL nock and string angle aren’t exactly perfect resulting in slightly more pressure on the serving center. I doubt that this is a problem.

·
1,647 Posts
I talked to Jason at KI about nocks. It would be a mistake to use anything else but their nocks in the XP.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Yes, you can use the AL nocks with the original SWAT. I prefer to use the flat plastic nocks for weight and foc purposes. Now, the geometry of the AL nock and string angle aren’t exactly perfect resulting in slightly more pressure on the serving center. I doubt that this is a problem.
Thanks for the reply and thanks for all the effort you’ve put into the Swats! I’ve sure had a lot of fun With them the last year and a half.:)

·
Registered
10,518 Posts
I am sure I have seen this but got to make certain:
Can you change strings and cables on the Swat XP without a press?

201 - 220 of 267 Posts