Crossbow Nation banner

161 - 180 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
The nock has now been shown. When a nock problem was going on with one of the cams being used on the prototypes (the plastic flat nocks were not able to take the stress) , I recommended radiusing aluminum nocks with a long insert into the arrow and epoxing them into the shaft. KI improved on that idea and radiused all the way to the base of the nock. I think it’s a brilliant design.

I’m hoping to get to test one fairly soon.
As a mechanical engineer in plastics, I would like to see the possibility of maybe a glass filled polycarbonate nock (for lighted). The glass would add stability to shock and possibly be lit up, though somewhat dimmer than pure clear.

There are also other resin compounds that are available that are possibly able to withstand the stress/shock.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Not good if they have proprietary arrows and nocks. Sounds like Ravin. I like to build my own.
If they sell the nocks separate then the arrows will not be proprietary .
Lets just hope for guy's like you they sell them separate .

Reactions: SEW

·
Registered
382 Posts
I shoot nock out lighted nocks out of my gen 1 swat. No issues except for a couple of nocks that came apart out of the package . One call and they quickly replaced them free of charge.

During my vertical years, I shot fire nocks, luminocks, and nockturnals. All had their quirks, all we pretty decent.

The simplicity of the nock outs seem to out perform the above.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I shoot nock out lighted nocks out of my gen 1 swat. No issues except for a couple of nocks that came apart out of the package . One call and they quickly replaced them free of charge.

During my vertical years, I shot fire nocks, luminocks, and nockturnals. All had their quirks, all we pretty decent.

The simplicity of the nock outs seem to out perform the above.
Doesn't look like Nock Outs have flat ones though, on their website...what did ya use?

·
Registered
10,517 Posts
I have some of the Nufletch Ignitor lighted flat nocks and they work great. They would work as they can be used in the Mission 400 and are the only plastic nock OKed by Mission. Only problem is we are being told the Swat XP can't shoot flat nocks.

·
23 Posts
Reading Mr. Moon's discussion on crossbow innovation got me to thinking, can someone explain to me why the KI website shows a "tube of rail lube" as an included accessory for the SWAT XP? I guess I was thinking that it would not need any lube.

·
4,711 Posts
Reading Mr. Moon's discussion on crossbow innovation got me to thinking, can someone explain to me why the KI website shows a "tube of rail lube" as an included accessory for the SWAT XP? I guess I was thinking that it would not need any lube.
The cables cross under the rail and require lubricant. The string does have some down pressure on the lower part of the rail. Wish it didn’t but expect there’s a good reason. Maybe a Oldflyer or the KI Rep will give an answer.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
The cables cross under the rail and require lubricant. The string does have some down pressure on the lower part of the rail. Wish it didn’t but expect there’s a good reason. Maybe a Oldflyer or the KI Rep will give an answer.
But you've said you've had no sign of wear either, right, Steve?

·
23 Posts
Gotcha, thank you for the explanation.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Shhhh! It's that kinda stuff that gets me 'hyped' all the time, Dude!!! There's no hope for me!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Usually all bow weights advertised are bare bows, no scope, rings, quiver or quiver hardware.
The 7.2 pounds should include the scope.

If thats true then how do you account for an 8.4 pound weight on my KI Ripper 415 when it's advertised as 6.9 pounds. The quiver was removed when I weighed it. The only extra weight was the scope and aluminum rails.
Is this manufacturers BS??

161 - 180 of 267 Posts