Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out whats going on here:
http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=search_tng&d=results&record=2454680-035410-SVPE

Then check out what's going on here:
http://forums.bowsite.com/tf/regional/thread.cfm?threadid=156056&MESSAGES=55&state=OH

Also note someone is stirring pots here:
http://forums.bowsite.com/tf/regional/thread.cfm?threadid=156056&MESSAGES=103&state=OH

Very interesting approach when you consider the divide and conquer technique that has been tried in Ohio for almost 32 years.
Guide Girl GO GET EM!
NO! seriously guide girl get your group of gals with like minded attitudes in the fight. We need lots of women and in a bad way. These organizations pretend to represent all bow hunters and in the same breath they try to represent hunting ethics. All while they smack you down if you use a crossbow. So sad!

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
How can that be? I mean xbow posts on the Bowsite? I'm so confused? Straight from the horses mouth here it is...........

Rick,

XXXXXXX XXXXXXX contacted me about your note.

I need to clarify our position since how you stated it was not entirely accurate. We do not allow crossbow topics on our website, period. And that includes topics that are both pro and con. After 12 years, nothing good has ever come from these discussions. In every case they turn into an argument with people on both sides angry. We blacklisted the topic 3 years ago in order to keep the peace on our sites and to change the demeanor. The Bowsite policy is to avoid the subject altogether due to the emotional nature of it.

If you choose to leave that is your choice and I'll respect that. But I wanted you to hear our official position on this.

Pat Lefemine
Bowsite.com
[email protected]
860-XXX-XXXX - Office
860-XXX-XXXX - Cell
860-XXX-XXXX - Fax

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Well, that's pretty frustrating to say the least. They call themselves a bowsite, but can't speak of a bow? I'm guessing they can talk about compound bows and long bows, and fishing bows, but not crossbows. Maybe those who participate can ask for a fair moderator to watch those threads in case someone gets out of line. Set the rules up and open the crossbow up for discussion just like any other bow.
Maybe those participants that want to talk on the subject crossbows can just rename it something else that everyone in the group understands. Like Cannon for crossbow, or specific words pertaining to hunting that the 1st letter of that word specifies brand name. Like Xtreme for Excalibur and Bear for Barnett, Horse for Horton, Pointer for ten point, etc. Talk in code. If someone doesn't understand whatever you call it, send a personal mail and tell them if they aren't an anti.
A private site can do whatever they want. No way around it. God luck with that one.:D

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
That's absolutely right! But I understand when you've made your place in a site before this one was up and running. Seems we crossbow enthusiast keep non crossbow hunting friends around the world. Hard to not visit them either.

·
Armed Citizen
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea what was I thinking? Don't even bother with those sites. They will ban you the second you make a point they can't defend anyway. It is good to know what's happening under our noses though.

·
Banned
1,256 Posts
Urban Legend said:
Who needs to go to another site when you have this one?LOL:willy_nilly:
We have to see how the other half lives.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts