Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting back in to bow hunting after about 17 years away, I've decided that climbing stands and climbing sticks for hang ons are not for me anymore. I sold my Tree Lounge climber this week and am looking for recommendations for a good safe and reasonably comfortable ladder stand. What are you using and why do you like it? For now I'm hunting from the ground, but have some areas on the farm that are better suited done from an aerial platform. Comfort and safety trumps cost at this point. I'm looking at the Duke from X-stand at my local shop later next week. Anyone have experience with that line? I have a body harness and am making up a Prusik safety line to use.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I'm not sure what it is called but they have a ladder stand now that you can grip to the tree from the ground without having to climb up into it to ratchet it down.

Reactions: med1pilot

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure what it is called but they have a ladder stand now that you can grip to the tree from the ground without having to climb up into it to ratchet it down.
The X-stand does that. That's one of the main reasons I'm checking it out.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Rivers Edge two man stand. I have a 3 year old version. The newer SYCT version is awesome. Plenty of room for a man to move around and NO center bar on the seat. Very comfortable for all day.
LADDER SYCT 2 MAN

·
Registered
41 Posts
I used a climber last couple years, this year bought two ladder stands. One does not have a foldable seat and I will not be using it again until gun season. I'm using vertical bow currently and not being able to fold the seat and get close to the tree is a deal breaker for me. With xbow it shouldn't matter as much as you can more easily hunt seated. A buddy got a stand from field stream single person for $70 and the seat does fold. Alsosee if you can get one that is 18' high. The 15' are only to the rail so you're not all that high up.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Just bought a big game hunter ladder stand from dunhams for 129.00. 18.5 to the rail and a seat kind of like a bag chair. A bit bigger seat also weighs in at 65 lbs. will hold 300 lbs

·
Registered
726 Posts
Bought a Riversedge Relax wide, super comfy seat, suspended tight mesh style, enough room to set my pack in the seat next to me. I think it's 16'8" at the rail. I got it several weeks ago on sale at Fleet Farm for $119.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts