Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
Mission MXB-360, Mission Sub-1 XR
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice one! It feels different when you whack one in the snow as well. Great job!
I love hunting when there's snow on the ground and on the trees. Such a nice time to be in the woods. Makes for easy blood trailing, that's for sure. The Rage 2-Blade Crossbow X head made a nice wound channel and I had a blood trail that was, in some places, 3 feet wide. She went no more than 40 to 50 yards. That's the kind of kills I'm always working for.

· Registered
1,182 Posts
Congrats! I shot my 7th two days ago in SE PA. It does bother me some though as all the does are carrying fawns, which are quite evident when gutting. I'm in a high deer density area, so they need to be controlled. Also, I was told that the local food bank is asking for more venison, which I was glad to donate.

· Registered
Mission MXB-360, Mission Sub-1 XR
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congrats! I shot my 7th two days ago in SE PA. It does bother me some though as all the does are carrying fawns, which are quite evident when gutting. I'm in a high deer density area, so they need to be controlled. Also, I was told that the local food bank is asking for more venison, which I was glad to donate.
Congrats on your success!!!!! I'm in the same boat as you. I hunt in a local deer management program in SW PA (2B), and this was my 6th in that program. I've donated two to the Hunter's Sharing the Harvest program that stocks our local food bank, one to my daughter and her husband, one to my retired deer hunting partner, and one to a couple (husband and wife) that haven't been able to hunt for the past three years as they've been dealing with (successfully) their very young daughter's cancer diagnosis. The amount of medical treatment Hannah (and her parents and sister) have gone through is mind numbing. Thankfully she's cancer free as of now, and we're all praying she stays in remission. I kept the other one of those six for my freezer along with a nice buck I shot in rifle season. I've run out of time, energy and folks to donate deer to, so I think I'm done for the season.

· Registered
Mission Sub One Lite
2,192 Posts
...no snow here in Middle Bucks County...
I dumped #14 on Tuesday...I've donated at least 9-10 to Hunter's Sharing the Harvest...I've got one last tag n two more days...wasn't my best shot..hit an unseen branch but the 170 grain FOC did it's job 👍

Plant Grass Terrestrial animal Tail Groundcover

· Registered
Killer Instinct Bone Collector 370
238 Posts
...no snow here in Middle Bucks County...
I dumped #14 on Tuesday...I've donated at least 9-10 to Hunter's Sharing the Harvest...I've got one last tag n two more days...wasn't my best shot..hit an unseen branch but the 170 grain FOC did it's job 👍

View attachment 245651
That's awesome. Feeding America, and having fun while doing it

· Registered
Mission Sub One Lite
2,192 Posts
....and I'm tagged out...it's been a long season with it's share of up's and downs...just like most of them usually have...I put a lot of time in and it was certainly fun. I'm thankful that I have the ability to get out and enjoy mother nature...even with all the "distractions" that come with suburban hunting...
Now to take a quick breath, then start pulling all the cameras and stands out of 'da woods...

Road surface Asphalt Fish Tail Snout

1 - 20 of 22 Posts