Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I finally got the bow together. First question, the Allen head bolt that holds the bow to the stock, instructions say hand tight then check every shot for a few shots, then before every use. It has a lock washer , would a dab of blue loctite be good to use?
More questions to follow

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
Yes you can use the loctite, blue. I am the good snug type person. Snug it n snug just a tad more

·
Premium Member
Excalibur Assassin 400TD
252 Posts
Torque specifications for limb fasteners! Interesting!
As a truck mechanic for 20 years, I find this interesting.

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
Some more info on your bow would Probably help with getting info for the future. as we have know idea what brand model we are commenting on.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First shots at ten yards 4” high 4” left at 20 yards got it to zero, moved target to 30 yards 1” low.... on same line on scope shouldn’t it have shot lower than an inch?

·
Registered
Tenpoint Siege, Ripper 415, Vortex,
706 Posts
First shots at ten yards 4” high 4” left at 20 yards got it to zero, moved target to 30 yards 1” low.... on same line on scope shouldn’t it have shot lower than an inch?
Not necessarily with the faster crossbows. I can use the 20 yd line in my scope at 30 yds also. They’re pretty close.

·
Registered
Tenpoint Siege, Ripper 415, Vortex,
706 Posts
They didn’t specify torque, said hand tight.... I’m assuming the lock washer must not lock if you have to re tighten. I’m going on record to say Barnett has the worst instruction book on the planet.
Lol it’s getting that way with a lot of things.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My next crossbow will be fitted to me, I’m an orangutan...... long limbs short body. The bow isn’t long enough.... if anyone has suggestions on increasing my length of draw I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
👍 that’s what I do.
I have found it's not the lack of instructions these days, it's the dang fine print! I have to google a product on the computer, just so I can see to read them!!!

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
My next crossbow will be fitted to me, I’m an orangutan...... long limbs short body. The bow isn’t long enough.... if anyone has suggestions on increasing my length of draw I would appreciate it.
Maybe a butt boot for a shotgun? I had a rubber recoil pad that had to be stretched and fitted to the butt. Might work and give you 1.5" or so.

·
11,688 Posts
They didn’t specify torque, said hand tight.... I’m assuming the lock washer must not lock if you have to re tighten. I’m going on record to say Barnett has the worst instruction book on the planet.
No way ... I put together a Shower/Jacuzzi/Steam Cabinet called Ameristream from Aston Appliances LTD. Sounds USA, UK right? Safe? Well it took me about 4 days to assemble it. There were hundreds of terribly labeled SS screws, glues, solenoids, wires, tubes, valves nozzles and parts. The instructions were crappy too dark photographs; and anything written was written by a Chinaman with one year of an "English as a Second Language" course. It was 98% "figure it out yourself." THOSE were the worst instructions on earth! :p😂

Not that it has anything to do with the instruction, but it was the biggest piece of crap on earth too. Steam feature failed within 3 months, radio never worked, drain failed within a year, complex on/off-diverter & temperature valve failed within two years that I replaced with an $800.00 Delta. Worst 4.5k I ever spent in my life. REALLY got screwed on that one ...lol o_O

Reactions: PossumSlayer
1 - 20 of 26 Posts