Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a Leupold fan & since I got serious about crossbows, have always wondered about the Crossbones scope. I have never even seen one, but haven't read much bad about them.

I bid on one on eBay the other day, figured I'd give a little more than $200 to check one out - of course in the last few seconds, the bid went to like $385! The last couple that had sold went for around $200 & somebody got one for $150 (probably the 1st to see it - pretty sure it didn't last long). Usually if I bid & follow the auction, they go for $300 +. Other times, they go for around $200. I realize they've not been made in a while, but themn every one ever made is probably still working.

Anyway, for what these sell for, they must be pretty good.

So guys who've had them, just how good are they? Still use one? If not, why'd you switch?

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
They were all right, good optics for a crossbow scope, heavy hairs allowed some degree of low light visibility of the reticle, but at last light on a dark background lacking.

It was reliable and not overly large. compatible comparisons would probably be the Zeiss XB-75, but the Zeiss had a better reticle in my opinion. Both scopes would have been very popular if they had just at least one lighted aiming point that could be dimmed enough for lowest light use without washing out the target.

All in all a good scope if you don't want illumination for lowest light hunting.

·
Registered
10,392 Posts
I loved my Crossbones scopes and would still own both except my eyesight got worse and I now need illumination at 1st and last light. I think they were the lightest weight scopes I have owned also.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had four Crossbones and switched to Leupold 1.5-5x20 scopes with heavy duplex that I like much better. I sight is at 25 yards. I try to keep my shots at 30 yards and under.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had four Crossbones and switched to Leupold 1.5-5x20 scopes with heavy duplex that I like much better. I sight is at 25 yards. I try to keep my shots at 30 yards and under.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts