Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if any of you all use one for hunting? I have concerns with the turrets not being sealed and could easily be bumped off center. Anyone here have some experience with this scope? Looking to put it on a DS 420 without an optimizer. If you are using one on a DS what mount are you using? Thanks in advance!

·
9,042 Posts
Looks … like a fine choice.

Reactions: JR.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm running Leupold VXR Patrol 1-4 LPVOs on a couple ARs .....I love them. I havent ran one on my xbow....I like the multiple aiming dots my XB30Pro gives me for hunting.....the Leupold does have better glass though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies!
After some further research,
I think I’m gonna go with the new Leupold VX Freedom 1.5-4x20 30mm Illuminated Firedot MOA Ring.
Should be close quality to the VXR’s but lower in cost.
Those used and leftover new VXR’s are demanding a high dollar! I missed the boat when they were on clearance.

·
1,326 Posts
I pickup up a vxr freedom 3x9x40 firedot. The glass is just as good as my vxr 3x9x40. The only difference is the freedom has no rubber scope covers. The ocular lense has no rubber cover and no fancy vxr lettering. Also the windage and elevation turrets are not as refined. But at $400.00 less Canadian compared to a vxr I will live wit it... lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I pickup up a vxr freedom 3x9x40 firedot. The glass is just as good as my vxr 3x9x40. The only difference is the freedom has no rubber scope covers. The ocular lense has no rubber cover and no fancy vxr lettering. Also the windage and elevation turrets are not as refined. But at $400.00 less Canadian compared to a vxr I will live wit it... lol
Thanks for the input! I ordered the Freedom Firedot online today. Got it from The Optic Zone and should see it in a couple days. Great price and same day shipping! It should be exactly what I am looking for, with great glass, eye relief, and the firedot center with other hash marks to use for holdover between 2-3x.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts