Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bow is sighted in at 50 yards with BEEs, Truglo Titanium X 4 blades and TP Omni brite moon nocks without the light stick. When I added the 6 grain light stick to the nock my POI moved about 3 inches higher and slightly to the left at 50 yards. POI was consistently in the same spot so I just adjusted my scope accordingly.
It’s no big deal but it did surprise me that the 6 grain light stick made that much difference in Point Of Impact. I also thought the POI would’ve moved lower not higher. Must be due to the change in FOC.??
30D53D6C-303D-4887-91A4-19598A49D02C.jpeg
C4388DD7-DF4B-4509-931A-9569454A477D.jpeg

·
Registered
135 Posts
That's crazy....I was shooting the Tenpoint Omni Brite 2.0 nicks out of my Tenpoint Ultralight...the lighted nocks didnt effect my POI at all....I was shooting Jerrys 20" Spynal Tapps with 125gr. Hypodermics....of my dozen arrows I only had the 3 with the lighted nock kit installed...my other 9 were just regular Omnis....the POI was the same for the standard Omni's, the Omni 2.0 lighted nocks , and the Omni 2.0 kit with no light stick....sure your broadhead ain't opening affecting your POI ? Have you tried a different arrow with the light stick out?

·
Registered
134 Posts
I shoot Tenpoint Evo-X Centerpunch arrows out of my Viper. The lighted alpha nocks shoot identical to my regular alpha nock. My lite sticks weigh 8 grains.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It’s the same broadhead on the same arrow with the same nock. The only difference is the light stick.

·
Registered
5,422 Posts
Your arrow setup should be around 425 gn if they are 20" BEEs wiht 100 gn heads. Your gut feeling is right. It's not likely a .01% FOC drop would influence a higher POI.

Reactions: robertyb
1 - 7 of 7 Posts