Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to the site and only been crossbow hunting a few years. I’ve been wanting a lighter scope for ease of carry and hoisting up tree stand etc.

Considering the Vortex Crossfire red dot which is only 5.2 oz (my shots will be 50 yards and under so one “pin” or crosshair is ok for me).

I would appreciate any other suggestions for light scopes. Thx!!

·
Crossbow Nut
3,078 Posts
Hi all, new to the site and only been crossbow hunting a few years. I’ve been wanting a lighter scope for ease of carry and hoisting up tree stand etc.

Considering the Vortex Crossfire red dot which is only 5.2 oz (my shots will be 50 yards and under so one “pin” or crosshair is ok for me).

This is what I have on my CP400. 3.6 ounces, nitrogen filled, 2.4" long. Tiny 2moa dot, lifetime transferable warranty. Optional 3 and 4 power magnifier available. Love it.

Add a magnifier:

·
Registered
5,540 Posts

My Sig Sauer Romeo5 red dot, motion activated on/off weights 3.8oz.

·
Crossbow Nut
3,078 Posts

·
Crossbow Nut
3,078 Posts
Boy I bet that makes it really hard to lug around. :ROFLMAO:
You just wouldn't believe it Robert, at my age those tenth ounces really add up!:LOL:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Awesome thanks!
On the Sig Romeo5, I saw a review a guy liked the AAA battery version over the small coin type which surprised me because I would think the AAA would run out quicker or be susceptible to cold temps. Which do you have?

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Use NiMH rechargeable, and the convenience of always being able to by alkaline if needed. Teenergy Premiums are worth their weight in gold for longevity and respectability. If you decide on AAA's, the only ones I will buy.

·
Crossbow Nut
3,078 Posts
The AT3 uses a coin battery which they claim will last "up to 50,000 hours". I can't prove that, but I do know I'll be using last year's battery this year.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I forgot to ask, on the Romeo5, is the red dot small enough to not cover too much of a deer sized target at say 45 or 50 yards? I know it’s not a crosshair, just curios your thoughts considering we are talking about shooting a bolt that drops trajectory quick.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts