Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about adding lighted nocks to the setup this year. I do have some Luminoks for aluminum if I hunt with the Micro, but not thrilled with how hard it is to turn them off. Any recommendations for lighted flat nocks for .300 ID carbon would be much appreciated. Thanks.

· Registered
Excalibur Micro 355 Suppressor
996 Posts
I bought one of these a few years back when my fingers started getting "old"....yep....just my fingers are getting old!🤣

Anyway...these work really well at "turning of the lights". Just grab the nock with them, give it a little wiggle/shake, and out goes the nock.

Rectangle Font Grass Terrestrial plant Slope

And these things can be picked up pretty cheap. That way you ain't out buying new lighted nocks, unless you want to be out buying new lighted nocks! 😉

And to keep up with this devil I just stick it on the shaft of an arrow in my quiver, That way it's easy to find and there when I need it.

· Registered
2,492 Posts
Clean-Shot Archery Nock Out Crossbow Flat Nock (Pack of 3) Amazon.com

These shoot very well out of my Swat X-1.
They’re easy to turn off but they aren’t the most durable I’ve ever tried. Price is right though.

· Registered
1,443 Posts
Thinking about adding lighted nocks to the setup this year. I do have some Luminoks for aluminum if I hunt with the Micro, but not thrilled with how hard it is to turn them off. Any recommendations for lighted flat nocks for .300 ID carbon would be much appreciated. Thanks.
I struggled for years getting my lumenoks to turn off. Even chewed some up with vise grips. Then I found these videos. No more problems ever since and they are now my favorite lighted nocks again. Trim to fit snug but not overly tight, and shake to turn off.

Photograph Black Organism Font Adaptation

· Registered
1,182 Posts
I struggled for years getting my lumenoks to turn off. Even chewed some up with vise grips. Then I found these videos. No more problems ever since and they are now my favorite lighted nocks again. Trim to fit snug but not overly tight, and shake to turn off.
I've been playing with the Lum GTC lighted nocks after a member recommended them. So far, I have been impressed. They light every time and I'm shooting them in my basement into a Block target, so they are coming to a hard stop very quickly. Still ned to shoot them more, but so far, so good.

6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the info. The Luminoks I have are for my 16” 2219s. I can get them off, but it takes a good pull. I am focused first on using the Burky bow (18” carbon), and with broadheads, it just shoots much better with flat nock, however illogical that may be. I have some glory nocks ready to order. I’ll see how they do. Obviously never used lighted nocks before, but I will be in my ground or brush blinds for most of my hunting this year, so they may help. Thanks again. (y)

· Registered
9 Posts
Had the same problem....spray with wd40.....work in and out.... and keep set of pliers handy to pull out lighted knock.....

· Registered
Excalibur Vortex 330, Centerpoint Sniper 370, Centerpoint Patriot 425
17,178 Posts
Joe, you may not even consider this but I shoot these moon nocks out of my Excal with NO problems (and have been doing it for years.) Cheap.....but works every time and I use them in all 3 of my crossbows

Product Font Office supplies Musical instrument Screenshot

6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I got the flats already. I’ve shot moons out of my recurves and they are fine, but no advantage. The Burky bow shoots much better with flats.

6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I tried the Glory nocks and they didn’t do that well in two different bows. I then tried Clean Shot Knock Outs and they were right with Black Eagle plastic flats with Ramcats at 40. Satisfied with that for now. (y)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts