Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make an iluminated nock for the Hyperflite .204 crossbow arrow? I've seen them for .204 compound bow arrows but not for crossbow. I'm shooting the H/G 425.

Thanks!
Rodbo

·
Registered
13 Posts
Me too!, the only thing I've seen is the firenocks but not sure since they have the aluminum nocks. Shooting the 405

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don’t bother with the firenocks. Even though the website says they fit that arrow and crossbow, the nock is too slim to disengage the anti dry-fire mechanism... I ordered a set and I in the process of returning them now...

Anyone find anything else yet? I’m halfway considering finding a thicker bolt that can take a standard lighted nock and sacrificing some shot speed...

·
Registered
6 Posts
The rail is skinnier than a regular version like the ghost420. Hence the .204 bolts vs regular diameter bolts. I wish it was as easy as just giving up a few FPS. I’m ready to get my rail machined to a normal width size just so I can shoot lighted nocks and normal diameter bolts. I’ve been looking for a bolts for a few weeks now with no luck. Trip coming up first of November and would like to leave town with more than 3.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The rail is skinnier than a regular version like the ghost420. Hence the .204 bolts vs regular diameter bolts. I wish it was as easy as just giving up a few FPS. I’m ready to get my rail machined to a normal width size just so I can shoot lighted nocks and normal diameter bolts. I’ve been looking for a bolts for a few weeks now with no luck. Trip coming up first of November and would like to leave town with more than 3.
I searched for days also looking for bolts but I was lucky enough to find them at one of my local stores. Barnett Hyperflite 22″ Crossbow Bolts 0.204″ with Metal Knocks 3/pk recently found that site that doesnt say out of stock

·
Registered
7 Posts
No dice here - Ive tried the Firenocks, Nockturnal, and a couple others. Either they dont fit the .204 or they are not tall enough/ rigid enough to disengage the anti-dry fire safety mechanism. Since the actual Hyperflite arrows are out of stock everywhere, I would even be happy if anyone can recommend an non-lighted nock that works with these crossbows so I can build some replacement arrows...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I got Barnett to sell me some 3 loose bolts. I pulled the knocks and customized some redhead brand .204 lighted knocks. They work flawless so far.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks! Two quick questions for you:

• Can you send me a link to the nocks you used (I cannot seem to find them)?
  • What did you have to do to the nocks to get them to work right?
Much appreciated - I owe you!

·
Registered
6 Posts
The nocks are Bas pro Blackout nocks. They had the most meat on them and were closest size wise to the metal capture nock in the bolts already. I heated the metal nock for just a minute with a propane torch to melt the glue and pulled it out with pliers. As for the nocks, I held the metal nock up to the lighted nock and cut off some at the rear so that it would be the same depth throat wise. I then used a dremel tool to open up the area where the string slides in and where it sits in front of the actuation button of the nock. I just worked until it snapped on like the metal nock did and installed them. I haven’t glued them. The fit like arrow nocks and I have shot all of them multiple times. I have 3 more nocks to do so that I have 6 fir my trip.
7BFA6F1E-534F-4837-BFB3-C2D1A47E5B15.jpeg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Perfect - thanks a lot for the help.

I cannot find the Hyperflite arrows anywhere, but I am going to cut down some 300 spine Bloodsport Justice arrows, use the same ROC outsert that the Hyperflite arrows have. The weight is the same within a few grains, and the balance of the weight is about the same too. I just needed to figure out how to set up the nocks. Thanks again!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Worked out well - I was able to put together 6 new arrows using MDW13's advice above. I used:

• A .204ID, 300 spine compound bow arrow cut down to size
  • The same Bloodsport ROC outserts that the factory arrows use
  • Nockturnal lighted nocks
I used my arrow saw to cut off the tips of the nocks to shorten the throat to match the Hyperflite factory nocks and a Dremel to shave off a little plastic on the inside of the nock so it would clip onto the crossbow string. I used a fine grit sandpaper to clear off any burrs in the platic from the saw and Dremel. Like the ones pointed out above, these nocks are pretty solid with a lot of material, so I dont think the dremel work would weaken them any - but you guys can make the call if you think its too risky or likely to fail.

The weight and balance of the arrow is the same as the factory Hyperflight, the lighted nocks work great, and all six arrows are consistently hitting right where Im aiming. Ive fired several shots out to 60 yards and had no issues.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts