Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using the ProHunter Afterburner nocks.....I find they are as bright and reliable as the other bigger name ones on the market....I purchase them on ebay, 3 nocks for around $18

·
Registered
620 Posts
Had some issues with the "Nock Outs" that are offered as an option on the Victory arrows that came with my Sub 1. I think Glory Nocks bought them out unfortunately they do not yet offer lighted nocks for a Sub 1 yet...
Jerry mentioned Nufletch might work however the issue is the trigger box is very tight on a Sub 1 and is not sure if the nocks will break when shot or not? Some do some don't.
There is one other brand he mentioned that would work but they are about $30 each!
I really want lighted nocks due to they are the only reason I found my arrows after I shot deer last season. Don't know what to do
🤔

·
Registered
3,014 Posts
New Fletch. Easy system without issues. Not bright but I only use them to locate my arrow after the shot. Generally (for me) that means after sunset.

Reactions: whitetailzombie

·
Registered
13,491 Posts
Had some issues with the "Nock Outs" that are offered as an option on the Victory arrows that came with my Sub 1. I think Glory Nocks bought them out unfortunately they do not yet offer lighted nocks for a Sub 1 yet...
Jerry mentioned Nufletch might work however the issue is the trigger box is very tight on a Sub 1 and is not sure if the nocks will break when shot or not? Some do some don't.
There is one other brand he mentioned that would work but they are about $30 each!
I really want lighted nocks due to they are the only reason I found my arrows after I shot deer last season. Don't know what to do
🤔
I doubt seriously that the Nufletch Ignitors will bust in any crossbow. They are very tough nocks but they only come in flat and half moon nocks.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Thanks robertyb, my understanding is it relates more to fit than a force issue :unsure:
However I really hope there is quality, reasonably priced lighted nocks out there...
If not it sounds like an opportunity with an existing market!

·
Registered
14,026 Posts
Because of my bad habits I stopped using lighted nocks. Now I focus more on the shot instead of trying to see where the arrow hits. I always hunt from elevated stands and keep my shots short so locating my arrows after the shot is no problem. Didn't much care for the ones I tried (Lumenocks) but if I wanted to get more I'd try those afterburners.;)

·
Registered
827 Posts
I would not suggest nockturnals/launchpads.

·
Registered
620 Posts
I've been using the ProHunter Afterburner nocks.....I find they are as bright and reliable as the other bigger name ones on the market....I purchase them on ebay, 3 nocks for around $18

View attachment 180737

View attachment 180738

View attachment 180737

View attachment 180738
What bow do you shoot?
Because of my bad habits I stopped using lighted nocks. Now I focus more on the shot instead of trying to see where the arrow hits. I always hunt from elevated stands and keep my shots short so locating my arrows after the shot is no problem. Didn't much care for the ones I tried (Lumenocks) but if I wanted to get more I'd try those afterburners.;)
What bow do you shoot?

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As far as fit for the AFTERBURNERS they fit nice snug in both the Victoty Decimators and the Zombie Killers

·
Registered
620 Posts
I hunt as much, perhaps more from ground blinds as I do trees consequenty am more concerned about locating an arrow from a ground level shot.
Maybe just over thinking it...

Reactions: Gabowman

·
Registered
14,026 Posts
That's why I would use them....if I hunted from the ground. :) I'm not too worried where my arrow hits as I take close range shots and nothing "iffy". Where I'm aiming is where I hit.;)

Reactions: robertyb

·
Registered
28 Posts
Firenock....pricey but you cannot go wrong and no matter whether flat, moon, J, Q, U the circuit is interchangeable with all the nocks they offer....ideal for multiple bows.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts