Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What lighted nocks are you guys using with your Scorpyds? I see i need q nocks but having trouble finding the right lighted Q nocks,can someone point me in the right direction here? Thank you

·
Registered
10,410 Posts
Firenocks are what you are looking for. Only other lighted nock safe for a Scorpyd is the (Parker) Lighted Capture Nock still being made by Lumenok.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I read about the firenock,they are very proud of those little guys. lol May have to get them though.Ok i just saw the Lumenock capture nocks are way more reasonable and you can change the battery if need be.Are the firenocks really worth 100 bucks for 3 though?

·
Registered
10,410 Posts
My DS 380 shot lights out using the Capture Nocks. My DS 420 hates them and sprays arrows all over. The Field Archer (Sam) shoots them from other Scorpyds very well though.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well i hate to hear that.I am on the fence on which to get and try.I hope my bow likes the ones i pick though.

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
What xbow do you have? If your ordering Firenocks the "Hunting circuits-H" stay lit. Target citcuits -"T" go out after 17 seconds. Intermittent-_I blink for days. BR batteries are good. If your shooting a real fast arrow use 2 part epoxy on the extreme shock caps.
imo Red/red is still the brightest to me then green/green. They even stay lit under water and, I'd bet that would be for days too.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will be shooting a Scorpyd Ventilator extreme 175.I have been doing alot of searching on these nocks but i still feel like i got no where.Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
10,410 Posts
Pretty sure the Vent Ext. will shoot the Capture nocks well. Send a PM to the Field Archer. I think he has shot them though one.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Pretty sure the Vent Ext. will shoot the Capture nocks well. Send a PM to the Field Archer. I think he has shot them though one.
Thanks for this tip.From what i have read i think your right.I will pm field archer also.

·
Registered
10,410 Posts
He has a YouTube channel that I am sure will have a video or two of him shooting deer with Scorpyds using Capture Nocks.

·
2,788 Posts
You can shoot the Lumenok capture nocks out of the Vent with no problems..... That's what I used with my Vent. I also use them with my Orion...

Mike

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
Well guys maybe you had luck with them but, when Norm -" another reg" used them for awhile he did blow up his Scorpyd. That cost him alot more than a few nocks. So there is a disaster flip side to be aware of too. Fact is they can and will slip away from the string when you expect it least.

·
Vendor
566 Posts
I wouldn't let my dog shoot lumenoks..It's a friction based nock.. The entire moves which in archery especally with high enegery cross bows this would be considered a mini dry fire.. The Firenock's are a great lighted nock to use.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well it sounds like firenocks are the safer way to go.Thanks for all the feedback and great information from everyone.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Funny this topic came up now! I went through this not long ago with my Nemisis. Shooting the Lumenocs I had one nock break and feel like I was really lucky and really wasn’t sure what happened so I tried another! Sighting in and practicing with broadheads it appears these nocks actually gradually wear and the opening gets deeper as it gets closer to breaking. Like I said this was with a full strength Nemisis. Hope this helps some.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Funny this topic came up now! I went through this not long ago with my Nemisis. Shooting the Lumenocs I had one nock break and feel like I was really lucky and really wasn’t sure what happened so I tried another! Sighting in and practicing with broadheads it appears these nocks actually gradually wear and the opening gets deeper as it gets closer to breaking. Like I said this was with a full strength Nemisis. Hope this helps some.
Yes i think i will stick with the firenocks for now.I dont want any unexpected problems if i can help it.Thanks again!

·
2,788 Posts
If I had a Nemisis I would use Firenocks but, out of the older Scorpyds I've had. I've never had a issue with Lumenoks (capture style)... Like what was said earlier Sam also known as The Field Archer use's them in all his Scorpyds and has never reported an issue...
As long as your arrow retainer is holding your arrow in place like it is supposed to, you should be good... JMO

Mike

1 - 17 of 17 Posts