Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
I added lighted nocks to my 22" bee's. It moved my poi up 2" at 30yrds. Is this good or bad?
I Added Lumenok's to my bolts on an Excalibur Micro. It changed my impact area a lot. Though the Micro bolts are much shorter than yours. I haven't yet decided for sure to keep the Lumenok's on the bolts. What is most important is that your grouping is good with them.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
It’s been my experience that when adding lighted nocks, it’s not uncommon for the POI to be higher despite lighted nocks being heavier.
It’s not a big deal if you’re getting consistent arrow flight and accuracy.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everybody. I got my bee's from wyvern creations. Hey are dead on. Lighted nock changed the focus a little so I think that's why it shoet a little higher. Adjusted scope and dead on. Come on deer season.

·
Registered
15,680 Posts
Welcome to the boards.

Reactions: Linwood Finch

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Linwood...welcome to the boards. Have you checked the FOC (front of center) percentage difference between the two nocks. If you have a light insert and broadhead, a heavy nock may move the center of moment back toward the center of mass and increase the tendency of the arrow to "porpoise". At a fixed target this is corrected at sight-in. Howsomeever, a deer ain't fixed. At 28 yards the arrow may be tilted up and at 32 yards it may be tilted down. Many folk on here use heavy (100+ grains) inserts and broadheads (150+/- grains) with 35 grain lighted nocks. My hunt ready arrow total mass is 570 grains with a FOC of 22-25%. You might find other opinions and more info by searching for Front of Center. Good luck.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts