Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked a question about Thorn Broadheads. What’s the difference between their HPX ($70) version and the Crossbow ($50) version they sell?

Read this reply and let me know what you think.

“The HPX has a titanium tip where the regular crossbow (black) is stainless tip. In our testing we found that once you reach the 400fps zone that stainless tip is to heavy to react to deploy and can carry thru animals and at times blow straight thru without deployment unless striking bone. Therefore we learned titanium is 60% lighter than stainless and reacts to the animals hair and flesh instantly at super fast speeds. Over three years in testing before we brought our products to the industry. We strive to offer not only the most accurate Broadhead ever but also the most dependable. We want everyone successful as possible in the field with any and all our Broadheads ”

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I use the regular (black) crossbow version, arrow speed ~370 fps, and have seen no problems thru water filled 2 liter bottles and into foam targets. Material weight of the tip, trigger, does not seem to matter to me. Upon contact, the trigger must cut/break the plastic sheet pin to initiate blade deployment. If anything, speeds greater than 400fps, additional strength is necessary to keep from distortion of the tip/trigger. Great broadhead thru testing, have not shoot thru ribs and shoulder.

Reactions: econwaySC

·
Registered
35 Posts
I think alot has to to with the titanium being lighter it has less mass so it wont shear the rubber pin in fast crossbows when the shot brakes. Otherwise they would have to use a stronger rubber pin which could cause problems not deploying in thin skin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 3 of 3 Posts