·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the quiver hold 5 arrows with broad heads or only 3 and 2 with field points

·
Registered
9,221 Posts
I think it is set up to hold 3 broadheads in front and two field points in the rear holders. Bur I bet if you shoot mechanicals it will hold 5.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, I have the lil' Grip 3+2 and it will hold 3 arrows with broadheads and the 2 will only fit arrows with field tips. They fit like a glove. Mechanicals will not fit. They molded it to fit them exactly and it's a tight fit !
Ok thanks Marty then that quiver is not for me

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can’t really think of a hunting situation that would require more than three hunting broad heads! Happy with my lil grip and it carries more than I would ever use.
I get really nervous having less than 3 arrows

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well you would have 5 with this quiver. 3 ready to go and just carry 2 extra broad heads in your pack. Just in case! Problem solved!
yep that would work we can not carry field points while hunting

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I can’t really think of a hunting situation that would require more than three hunting broad heads! Happy with my lil grip and it carries more than I would ever use.
The most I have used in one night was 4 arrows one on turkey one on coyote and 2 on deer

·
Registered
9,221 Posts
I don't remember ever having to shoot over 1 arrow to kill a deer since I started shooting a crossbow as I do not make multiple kills anymore. Dragging out 1 is hard enough. I have shot yotes with my crossbow but never got a deer in the same hunt.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I don't remember ever having to shoot over 1 arrow to kill a deer since I started shooting a crossbow as I do not make multiple kills anymore. Dragging out 1 is hard enough. I have shot yotes with my crossbow but never got a deer in the same hunt.
This year Thanksgiving weekend I had to drag out 4 one evening the wife got one the son got one and daughter pulled a double I didnt hunt I was hunting with camera with son Well didnt really drag just drove right up to all 4 in utv but still had to field dress 4

Reactions: Martymig

·
Registered
9,221 Posts
This year Thanksgiving weekend I had to drag out 4 one evening the wife got one the son got one and daughter pulled a double I didnt hunt I was hunting with camera with son Well didnt really drag just drove right up to all 4 in utv but still had to field dress 4
I would much rather field dress 4 than drag 2 any day. No ATVs allowed on my club and never had a down hill drag that I remember.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would much rather field dress 4 than drag 2 any day. No ATVs allowed on my club and never had a down hill drag that I remember.
Well luckily I own my property so I can do as I wish

·
Registered
636 Posts
I shot a doe with my crossbow a couple years ago and hit her too high and spined her. I immediately got it recocked and finished her off with a 2nd shot. It was early and she was in front of me twenty yards away so I didn't have a tracking job so I never climbed down hoping a buck would be along. While waiting for that buck, all I was thinking was what if a buck does come along and I happen to do the same thing. Not that I would want too but it was a possibility. Ever since that day I switched to a 5 arrow quiver. I have never needed them and probably never will but if the situation ever arrises, I will have them.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts