Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
I don't know to be honest with you. I put limbsavers on my limbs because it's recommended and in hopes that they absorb some of the vibration and help the limbs to last longer. I know for a Tenpoint I had they helped alot of the noise...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Some manufacturers don't include them...thought that was strange. At least put the limb dampeners on.

·
2,781 Posts
Limbsavers help with vibration. The effect is not nearly as noticeable as it is with a compound bow. I wouldn’t bother putting the string leeches on, unless you want to have fun looking for them when (not if) they tear up and fly off. ;)

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
I put them in as close to riser as possible. They do quiet the shot down some. Seem to take some of the shock out of the recoil. It it helps protect limbs its worth it.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I installed the twistlocks on my Ravin r10 and they definitely made a difference. I have mine placed about 1-2 inches away from the riser. They changed the noise from a twang to a dull thud and took out some vibration. If i remember correctly i only lost 1 fps on speed but for me it was worth it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
That's how the TenPoint Titan SS I had sounded at the shot, like a diving board almost. Heavy vibration at the shot and very audible too but, when I put the Bowjax on the stirrup and twisted them between the limbs, it all went away.

·
8,867 Posts
Won't … make a particle of difference to any animal you're going to kill. But if you're sensitive to noise and it makes you feel any better, nothing wrong with using them. Personally I never wanted to give back any speed. I never notice a weapon going off when I'm shooting something anyway.

Reactions: robertyb
1 - 8 of 8 Posts