Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question regarding the positioning for the broadband limbsaver dampeners for split limb crossbows. I have been told to put near cams, and have read not to due to fear of cracking limbs . I will attach pic for reference on dampener style , any help would be great.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I have a question regarding the positioning for the broadband limbsaver dampeners for split limb crossbows. I have been told to put near cams, and have read not to due to fear of cracking limbs . I will attach pic for reference on dampener style , any help would be great.
As close to cam as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
here's a U tube of Jim Burnworth.

·
Registered
177 Posts
My understanding is that if its a split limb you want closer to the start of the arm, as the top and bottom limb will flax at different rates. I have mine about in the middle and they seem to be working great. I went with Bowjax, they made a huge difference for me nut they all work on the same principal.
IMG_0065.JPG

·
Registered
177 Posts
I wish they would have done a baseline with nothing on it. Also I am assuming they are measuing sound, not vibration. there was no equipment hooked up to the bow to measure anything. . There are lots of vids showing either way. bottom line if your happy with the results go with it. Buy it off Amazon, if your not satisfied, return it.

here's a U tube of Jim Burnworth.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I already have them , just not sure where i want to put them...looking on the forum people have put them on the limbs near cam or closer to the center of the bow. have seen post where they said clamping them near cam can cause it to splinter

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I already have them , just not sure where i want to put them...looking on the forum people have put them on the limbs near cam or closer to the center of the bow. have seen post where they said clamping them near cam can cause it to splinter
I talk with The engineers at LIMBSAVER on the phone as well. They suggest the SUPERQUAD all the way up against the riser. Or now they have TWIST LOX. SAME AS SUPER QUAD except you can use 2 instead of 4. I just razor cut my SUPER QUADS TO GET 2. Here is a pic of my Old CX-2 with the SUPERQUADS CUT in the middle, or in half if you will.
You are supposed to put any disc type dampener as close to the cam as possible. This is to reduce cam wobble or VIBRATION after the shot. Do a SLO mo with your cell phone of what I'm talking about. YOU 'LL BE CONVINCED pretty quick. Also Placing a disc type dampener(the kind that tighten with an Allen key In the middle of your limbs is probably not what you want to do. That is where the limb wants to flex the most. As well not near the riser. That's why you use a SUPER QUAD in there. They are ALL NAVCON RUBBER. NO TENSION is applied to a SUPER QUAD. LIMB SPLIT OR CRACK almost always comes from the first opening past the limb pocket on the riser or half way out from the riser. They do crack at limb tips too because of the drilling for the cam axles. That is why I put HORTON SOUND STOPPERS ON TOP of the limb tip and bottom. Right up against the axle holes.
I wish you guys could shoot my bows. When I have friends over or my sons have their friends over the comment I hear the most is WOW ITS QUIET!!! And usually it's coming from a person who has never shot a crossbow b4.
When I shot my 8 point 2 seasons ago. He came in to the spot in a bachelor group of 5 bucks. He was the furthest away OF COURSE. I had bucks standing in between me and my buck. When I shot not one of the Bucks reacted. They all just stood there and watched my buck run 30 yards fall and expire. Pass through the heart. He was out in under a minute. I had to stand up and shoo the other bucks off to get out of my stand. THAT IS THE BUGGEST REASON I BECAME A BELIEVER IN LIMBSAVERS!! THE REAL DEAL!!!
I've been playing around with the placement of LIMBSAVERS for about 5-6 years now. I feel all the vibration and noise comes from the inside of the limbs and cams. That is why I place them on the inside like a horseshoe pattern. I've had great success for the 5-6 years I've been using them!! GR8 PRODUCT I SWEAR BY!!!!
GOOD LUCK IN WHATEVER YOU CHOOSE TO DO!! I HOPE THIS INFORMATION IS USEFUL AND HELPFUL!!! I. M. me any time.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The harmonics on each and every crossbow are going to be a little bit different and so will the placement of dampeners. I would say contact the manufacturer and see where they would recommend putting it, can't hurt anything. Also putting weight on the limbs will slow them down to some degree, farther out will amplify the effect. With those dampeners moving them around on the limb seems simple. Shoot a few arrows with it by the stock, in the middle, and by the cams, see how it feels. For me and my bow just a hare inside of center felt the best. After thinking about it I figured the whole limb vibrates not just the tip, and putting it in the middle should balance out the vibration on either side. That's me, my crossbow, and my thoughts on it for whatever its worth.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts