Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been shooting bows for 40 + years, recurves and compounds, all instinctive shooting. Be 72 y/o this month and through lack of strength and lack of confidence of making a clean kill, I bought my first crossbow. Picked up a Centerpoint Sniper 370 and did the trigger upgrade immediately after reading about it. Seems very accurate to me. I can put 3 shots in a 2 inch bulleye at 30 yds. Friend gave me a mix of broadheads, and they went all over the place. Bought some Muzzy HBX 100 gr and they group right with the field points. Been out hunting twice, nothing but does and out of my 30 yd confidence range. When just shooting for fun, I miss just reaching in the quiver, nocking an arrow and letting it fly. A lot more involved with a crossbow, but the accuracy can't be beat for this old guy. Hopefully between now and the season closing, I can fill a tag.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
fun, I miss just reaching in the quiver, nocking an arrow and letting it fly.
Sounds like you have been shooting traditional style, recurve or longbow.
You can get a lower draw weight, and go for small game occasionally, or 3D shooting. Just imagine the rubber animal was real ... that's what I'm doing.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
15,582 Posts
Welcome to the boards. :)

·
Registered
3,534 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
Welcome to the CBN! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.