Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LOL !!
Duke sent me his velocity for a crank and speed upgrade .
So i will take you along in what i do to this bow .
this bow is getting a Red Boa Orion stock with adjustable cheek rest and a ACAD crank .
Stay tuned work begins this weekend !!

·
Registered
827 Posts
Hmmm, let's see...Duke was thinking about a new xbow, has been for a couple years. Plenty discussions. AND the conclusion is, When Duke has one of the best ever, why not a Burky revision to add a little class to a great Scorpyd. I'm betting this one is gonna be one to watch. 👀

Reactions: Rit and burky247365

·
8,907 Posts
The Master … will likely push my new Gorilla Bow purchase forward a few years. Nothing on the market pried the money out of my hands this year...lol Who knows, perhaps the Burky Velocity could even supplant a new bow. If all goes as planned I think the old 2013 Velocity with it's long, smooth 20-1/2" power stroke should come in at a respectable speed with a respectable arrow. It already shoots a 428gr arrow 425.5fps. Point being I'll be getting a significant performance increase or upgrade over my existing Orion, break into the low end of the new super bows that are shooting a legitimate 400gr arrow 440-460fps?, and theoretically have a very shooter friendly platform. (Long power stroke & wider riser give it the potential to be the most accurate Scorpyd platform) The main objective is the crank. If I shoot multiple deer, the crank allows me to reload more stealthy. There could be secondary gains as well. We'll see what the "Scorpyd Wizard" comes up with. ;)

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
I think your going to end up with an awsome shooting crossbow myself... it was probably a nice shooting bow already but now it's going to be even better.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I will be following this closely. At some point in the near future I would like to have a crank installed on my Aculeus. Cant wait to see what the master comes up with.

·
8,907 Posts
I think your going to end up with an awsome shooting crossbow myself... it was probably a nice shooting bow already but now it's going to be even better.
You'll … likely be building a string soon enough...lol ;)

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I had some time tonight after work so it was time to make hay while the sun shines.
I got the stock ,crank,acesories and made the cheek rest .
Here it is

·
Happy Member
5,468 Posts
Very nice work as usual Tim! Looks awesome!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wonder how it's getting a speed upgrade? Higher deflection limbs?
Finally someone asks a question .
My answer is this , ever wonder how the Scorpyds get faster through the yrs using the same old 200 lb limbs .
Sure they have been updating cams
Cams do 1 thing ,they compress the limbs through out the draw stroke .
Now the gen 3 cams on this bow ,which are my favorite by the way ,are different to the extreme cams as to how and when they compress the limb through the draw stroke .

Now let's get into total limb flex .
The older bows are putting out somewhere around5 1/8 to 5 3/8 inches per limb .
Today's bows are using in th a ball park around 5.5 to 5.3/4 PER limb .
The more we use the more we find defective or weak limbs .

I am going to figure out this bows stock total limb flex and split the diff between it and the newer bows that are spitting arrows at 460 n 480 .

You would be surprised what 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch will do on 20.5 powerstroke .

Disclaimer here !!
Do not do this to your bow .
I have been testing this for 4 yrs now on the older bows , I have watched a few limbs blow up that were old and almost wore out .
You also need to do some work on limb fastening .
Just to many variables for a regular Joe to be messing with it .
Don't do it ,LOL

·
8,907 Posts
That old … bow killed a lot of deer until the slower Orion took the lead because it had a crank. Then the Orion killed even more deer. I'm thinken the Burky Velocity going back on the front line is going to wreck havoc and bring chaos & mayhem to the management deer population. ;) I'm not agin haven a pardy looken bow nyther.:p Might have to consider some fancy dude pistol grips...lol (They're Colt 1911's right?) Now if only TruGlo would come out with a 5" Titanium broadhead to take advantage of, and employ all that giddyup. :unsure::oops:;) I'm still thinking it's going to be a world class accurate platform with a set of superior arrows.

·
Premium Member
1,110 Posts
1 - 20 of 77 Posts