·
Premium Member
706 Posts
When is the halo going to be released?

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
They could have made the OracleX "prettier" for about $500 more. Myself, I am quite happy with what they were able to bring to the market for $899.
I just wonder why the different shape compared to their rifle scopes! It's the same tech, correct?

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I just wonder why the different shape compared to their rifle scopes! It's the same tech, correct?
The OracleX has an external laser rangefinder unlike the Eliminator series where everything is contained in the tube.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Got mine dialed in up to 75 yards this past weekend, thing is definitely a game changer. So far its holding the scope rail very well.
How complicated was the setup?

Reactions: Ironminer

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
How complicated was the setup?
Not at all. Burris built in the general ballistics and the shooter fine tunes it. It can be as simple as shooting three arrows twice at two different yardages and adjusting POI. I chose 30 and 50.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Very easy to set up. Did the 20 yard thing with the scope mount then did my 1st Sr (select range) at 40 yards then Sr 2 at 75 yards. Didn't have to adjust at 75. It was right on the money.
Sounds like even a cave man can do it! That's a good thing......

·
Registered
298 Posts
I had the TP Siege/Oracle to the range today. It did not go quite as good or easy as I expected. The Oracle printed direction had me a bit confused. I am sure the fact that this was my first shooting with the Siege and not being used to shooting at 75 yards did not help either. Anyway I got it shot in at 20 yards just fine. I struggled with the truing. I got it but had to work at it. I came home and looked for a video. I found this.
This really helped. Makes much more sense now. I am going back out and repeat the process tommrow to make sure it preforms as expected. Also want to chrono the ASAP arrows.
First impressions of the Oracle. The glass is just a tad under the Vortex Crossfire 3x9x40 Vbrite. At 20 I was using 4X and further out 6X. Happy with the variable zoom. I liked the LED aiming point and the ability to add or subtract on the brightness. Happy with the overall optics. Angle compensation is a plus.
Other features that I have not gotten to work with, Distance Error - less than 30 yds, Integrated Level.
I highly doubt there is anything that is going to make me want to take the Oracle off and go back to a traditional scope. The more comfortable you get with the Oracle the more fun it will be to shoot.

·
Registered
TenPoint Viper S400 / Mission Sub 1 XR
784 Posts
I’m not against stretching out the shooting as some of you target guys do, I hope it wasn’t taken that way. I was only speaking from my needs and wants. Hunting ranges is where I’ll true my Oracle.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
I’m not against stretching out the shooting as some of you target guys do, I hope it wasn’t taken that way. I was only speaking from my needs and wants. Hunting ranges is where I’ll true my Oracle.
I don't shoot that far very often either. Was just saying that truing at closer ranges will provide enough input into the ballistic profile that longer shots will be pretty darn accurate. On the Garmin, you just sight in at 20 and 50 and it was spot on at 100.

41 - 60 of 68 Posts