Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a ravin R29x with jack plate and I’m ready to buy a scope. My budget is $200-600... any suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I just bought a Redfield Accuranger xbow scope from midway.
Have not tried it yet
But i know i am going to like it. The glass is so bright and clear, all around the edges too. You'd think it was German glass. My Hawke scope does not come anywhere close to being as bright as the Redfield.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Sig Sauer BDX Combo, amazing package.
Can be used with or without the RangeFinder, even without batteries in the scope as it has etched reticles.
Also has illuminated hold over or Ballistics aiming dots.

Reactions: Brokentool

·
Registered
Scorpyd Aculeus 460, Excal paradox.
30 Posts
Best crossbow scope I've ever used was the Killer Instinct Lumix speedring. Amazing for low light, great field of view, and has the best crosshair pattern I've seen on any scope, period. It's around $130 I believe and worth every penny. I traded out the Hawke on my scorpyd with zero hesitation. Also tried Leupolds as well.

·
Registered
12,587 Posts
Sig Sauer BDX Combo, amazing package.
Can be used with or without the RangeFinder, even without batteries in the scope as it has etched reticles.
Also has illuminated hold over or Ballistics aiming dots.
I love my Sig BDX scope but saw what you posted about no batteries and using the etched reticles so I went in and turned mine on then back off and on my bow shooting around 435 fps the first etched reticle is almost at 50 yards (maybe 47) so there is no way really to use them accurately that I can see. I did not check to see where the 2nd etched reticle would fall but expect it would be around 70 yards or so.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I love my Sig BDX scope but saw what you posted about no batteries and using the etched reticles so I went in and turned mine on then back off and on my bow shooting around 435 fps the first etched reticle is almost at 50 yards (maybe 47) so there is no way really to use them accurately that I can see. I did not check to see where the 2nd etched reticle would fall but expect it would be around 70 yards or so.
Strange, my center crosshairs are dead nuts at 20 yards.
Tested on our TenPoint Vapor RS470, not with our Ravin.
Remember, Ravin's scopes are set for 50 yard crosshairs so the scope rail must be at an angle.

·
Registered
12,587 Posts
Your 20 yard center crosshair is not one of the etched reticles. Of course it is dead on. The 1st ETCHED reticle is the faint line under it. I am shooting my Sig Sauer BDX on my Ravin, not the Ravin scope.

·
Registered
13,759 Posts
This one aint bad. I have one of 'em and it's at the bottom of your price range.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts