Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had an unfortunate accident today heading out of town towards camp to eat lunch .
As i upped the hill out of town and inbound truck left his lane and entered my lane ,
he was moving at a high rate of speed and the vehicle seemed like no one was driving it .
well i went as far right as i could while on the breaks and we collided head on slight quartering .

The had to pry open his door and he appeared to be in bad shape .
At the time i was out walking around with slight knee pain .
after they took the other driver away in the ambulance , i went to the shop and got our telahandler to lift my truck and move out of the road .
well as time went on my knee was hurting worse and worse , went to the ER and had it checked out and bad news is i broke my tibia Plato again !! so i am not to move till Mon until i can talk to the bone doctor and get an appointment to get in to see if i will need surgery or just a cast , either way 6 to 8 weeks of not so much fun .

My old black dodge is no more !!

Reactions: Ironminer

·
Registered
535 Posts
Praise the Lord ...It could’ve been so much worse. I pray you have a full and speedy recovery, Burkey.

·
Happy Member
5,464 Posts
Thank God that you’re alive and only slightly injured! Take it easy for now Tim! Vehicles can be replaced but human life can’t.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Wow Tim! Very sorry but glad it wasn't worse. Prayers from Tn......
You said it seemed like no one was driving the other truck? Did that driver have some kind of medical issue that caused the truck to enter your lane?

·
Crossbow Nut
3,115 Posts
Prayer for full and fast recovery sent on your behalf and the other guy.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow Tim! Very sorry but glad it wasn't worse. Prayers from Tn......
You said it seemed like no one was driving the other truck? Did that driver have some kind of medical issue that caused the truck to enter your lane?
Not confirmed but they think he is diabetic and may have blacked out .

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks to all for the blessings , i thank the good lord above and air bags that i got out and walked away !!!!

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Truly sorry to hear about the accident.
Thank heavens you are OK!
I hope you both recover 100%+.
Maybe take some "me" time now and focus on your recovery.
Everything else can wait.

Reactions: burky247365

·
Registered
10,435 Posts
Damn!! I am glad all you got was a broke knee because it looks like you were both luck to walk away from a head on collision. I hope you heal fast Tim and I hope the other driver is both OK and has good insurance also.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts