Crossbow Nation banner

41 - 60 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I think my knee is a little swollen ,lol.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I think … it was Mercedes Benz that engineered the first "Crumple Zones" to absorb energy in a crash. That certainly 'crumpled" and absorbed energy to save your butt! That's what we in the car fraternity would call a front end that was "stuffed."
Yeah that longer nose on the 01 did absorb most of the impact , thank god !!!!

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Ouch! Man gets that elevated higher than your heart and some ice Tim.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk
Yup this was right after a shower , then splint back on and up with ice !!

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Burky, sorry to read of this and wish you a speedy recovery. Also, as well as the gent that was rushed to the hospital. Things can happen when you least expect it.

Heal fast and prosper.

·
8,894 Posts
Speedy recovery Tim! Need to keep you in the shop out of harms way.
Yeah … I'm thinking one of those police ankle bracelets and a shock collar tied into a GPS with the new Shop coordinates punched in? :p 😂 ;)

Reactions: burky247365

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Get well soon Tim! As everybody has said it could have been so much worse!

Hope you dont have to have surgery and its just 6-8 weeks in a cast.

Hopefully he had good insurance and you'll get a nice new truck out of the deal not to mention pain and suffering medical bills etc. Don't let the insurance co short change you!

Reactions: burky247365

·
Registered
662 Posts
Damn, just seeing this post, so glad you are ok. That looks like it could have been a heck of a lot worse. Hoping for a speedy recovery....!

·
1,629 Posts
Good to hear that you're still kicking and able to post! It's a bummer but you are very fortunate. Trucks don't have the crush zones that cars have meant to add some time to deceleration of a collision. You'll be 100% before hunting! That's the good news!

41 - 60 of 145 Posts