Crossbow Nation banner

61 - 80 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Not confirmed but they think he is diabetic and may have blacked out .
Very sorry to hear of your accident Tim, I wish you a complete and speedy recovery. We just had the same type issue in town last week with a diabetic that passed out and caused a three vehicle head on collision on a bridge. That must happen more than many of us realize.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Thanks Fellas , my appointment with the bone doctor is thurs , fingers crossed i do not need surgery , ben there done that and no like ,LOL!!!!

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
went over and looked a little closer at my truck , VERY LUCKY !!!
View attachment 180393
View attachment 180395
View attachment 180396
View attachment 180397

Dang Tim, Lucky aint the word,, our good buddy upstairs was definitely looking out for you! I aint been around here much and seen this, my prayers for a full recover and soon are on their way!

I think there was a V-8 under that hood if memory serves me right, which means it musta been shoved inside that cab with you,, not good at all! I will continue to to keep you in my prayers until your back to full speed, which knowing you won't be long!!! Good luck and don't push it my friend!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Had an unfortunate accident today heading out of town towards camp to eat lunch .
As i upped the hill out of town and inbound truck left his lane and entered my lane ,
he was moving at a high rate of speed and the vehicle seemed like no one was driving it .
well i went as far right as i could while on the breaks and we collided head on slight quartering .

The had to pry open his door and he appeared to be in bad shape .
At the time i was out walking around with slight knee pain .
after they took the other driver away in the ambulance , i went to the shop and got our telahandler to lift my truck and move out of the road .
well as time went on my knee was hurting worse and worse , went to the ER and had it checked out and bad news is i broke my tibia Plato again !! so i am not to move till Mon until i can talk to the bone doctor and get an appointment to get in to see if i will need surgery or just a cast , either way 6 to 8 weeks of not so much fun .

My old black dodge is no more !!

View attachment 180352
Had an unfortunate accident today heading out of town towards camp to eat lunch .
As i upped the hill out of town and inbound truck left his lane and entered my lane ,
he was moving at a high rate of speed and the vehicle seemed like no one was driving it .
well i went as far right as i could while on the breaks and we collided head on slight quartering .

The had to pry open his door and he appeared to be in bad shape .
At the time i was out walking around with slight knee pain .
after they took the other driver away in the ambulance , i went to the shop and got our telahandler to lift my truck and move out of the road .
well as time went on my knee was hurting worse and worse , went to the ER and had it checked out and bad news is i broke my tibia Plato again !! so i am not to move till Mon until i can talk to the bone doctor and get an appointment to get in to see if i will need surgery or just a cast , either way 6 to 8 weeks of not so much fun .

My old black dodge is no more !!

View attachment 180352
Get well and god bless!

·
Registered
5 Posts
SORRY to hear about your accident but Dodges are replaceable and your not!!! Hopefully you'll get some good news if possible, and will speed up your recovery. No matter what you can look forward to being healed up for hunting season with a 2 month recovery period. Something positive anyways. Get WELL and STAY HEALTHY Burkey!!!

·
8,125 Posts
I don't like … Dodge products, but if I were you?... I'd buy another one!...lol ;)

Reactions: burky247365

·
Registered
49 Posts
Prayers and health sent to you Brother Burky....God is with you. A blessing you were not injured more. Get well soon!!

Good thing you can run a mill, lathe, and press from a chair!!(y):cool:(y)

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Well i just got home from the bone doc ,LOL.
he said surgery will not be needed at this point , no cast , i just need to stay in my brace and absolutely do not walk on it , i got lucky again everything is aligned and straight , but the crack is in a weight bearing area .
xrays will be taken again in 2 weeks and viewed to see how i am progressing .
So it is all on me !! in how i heel , no problem !!!! have you ever heard , "it does what it's told " , that will be me for the next 6 weeks , as he is keeping me off it till then .

·
Registered
49 Posts
Wonderful news!!! Have the ligaments checked out too. I'm dealing with MCL rehab from an old injury that was not addressed previously. It is a bear....

·
Banned
5,272 Posts
Great news Tim. As for not needing surgery that is! Just relax, keep it elevated and ice.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Reactions: burky247365

·
Registered
21 Posts
Great news I know that makes you feel better already knowing you don’t need surgery just time you will be tinkering well before you are supposed toI would bet on that one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Great news for you. Just trying to do as the Dr. said is another thing. After a couple of weeks you will be wanting to get out and start working on your workshop. Best to try and let it rest as long as the Dr. says, I know it's hard to do but as we get older it takes a little longer to heal. Take Care

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
Well i just got home from the bone doc ,LOL.
he said surgery will not be needed at this point , no cast , i just need to stay in my brace and absolutely do not walk on it , i got lucky again everything is aligned and straight , but the crack is in a weight bearing area .
xrays will be taken again in 2 weeks and viewed to see how i am progressing .
So it is all on me !! in how i heel , no problem !!!! have you ever heard , "it does what it's told " , that will be me for the next 6 weeks , as he is keeping me off it till then .
Sounds like you need one of those"high chairs" on WHEELS so you can tinker in the new shop!!! GREAT to hear surgery isn't needed......

61 - 80 of 99 Posts