Crossbow Nation banner

81 - 100 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
I am sure i will be doing some tinkering but not full throttle !!
I am the kind of guy that if i do not have full faculties , i don't go full out , it just makes for bad work , health and frame of mind is everything !!!

Thanks fellas !!!

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
I am the kind of guy that if i do not have full faculties , i don't go full out , it just makes for bad work , health and frame of mind is everything !!!

Thanks fellas !!!
This "physical" down time should give you plenty of time to think about that 550 fps bow build,LOL.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
This "physical" down time should give you plenty of time to think about that 550 fps bow build,LOL.
Already got that figured out ,lol. just need to find some parts !!!!

Reactions: Tnmtns

·
8,915 Posts

Thanks fellas !!!
"If … it's worth doing, it's worth doing right." :) (y)

Reactions: burky247365

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
"If … it's worth doing, it's worth doing right." :) (y)
Yup , i had one of my old bosses that always said , " if you are going to do it , do it right "

·
8,915 Posts
Yup , i had one of my old bosses that always said , " if you are going to do it , do it right "
"Why is … there never enough time to do it right, but ALWAYS enough time to do it over?" 😂

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
"Why is … there never enough time to do it right, but ALWAYS enough time to do it over?" 😂
LOL been there done that !!!!

·
8,915 Posts

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #90
Any updated photos? … or are you behaving?...lol
I am behaving ,lol.it is so hard when you have to use crutches to walk and the shop is only20 % set up .
I went out the other day and finished a car radio boom box and it was a huge task for me , every time i clutched my way to a tool i had issues carrying it to the project a mere 4 foot away , then my right leg gets really sore quick .
I am taking it easy till July 7 ( doc appointment ) then i will get my boys and get the rest of the tools in the shop and set up .

I did however find where my mill is ,lol.
I had my boss order it and the delivery person could not find our shop and in the process of looking , dropped it off at one of our good customers house ,he signed for it and failed to contact my boss Tim and let him know it was there .
So it has been sitting in his driveway for a whole week , going over today to get it !!!

·
8,915 Posts
I am behaving ,lol.it is so hard when you have to use crutches to walk and the shop is only20 % set up .
I went out the other day and finished a car radio boom box and it was a huge task for me , every time i clutched my way to a tool i had issues carrying it to the project a mere 4 foot away , then my right leg gets really sore quick .
I am taking it easy till July 7 ( doc appointment ) then i will get my boys and get the rest of the tools in the shop and set up .

I did however find where my mill is ,lol.
I had my boss order it and the delivery person could not find our shop and in the process of looking , dropped it off at one of our good customers house ,he signed for it and failed to contact my boss Tim and let him know it was there .
So it has been sitting in his driveway for a whole week , going over today to get it !!!
People … are really scary sometimes ...lol Signs for it then fohgeddaboutit??? Sitting for a week like a big stone in the driveway and the guy isn't remotely interested why?...lol The stone isn't a sufficient enough reminder to contact you??? :unsure: :oops:

·
Registered
10,467 Posts
That reminds me of a time I had a plant being delivered and the delivery guy left it three houses down from me. I found out when that neighbor finally called me 3 days later and asked if I would come get my package off her porch. I went down and got it, barely still alive, and I asked her why she had not called me when it was delivered. She said she figured I would just come get it, o_O

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
That reminds me of a time I had a plant being delivered and the delivery guy left it three houses down from me. I found out when that neighbor finally called me 3 days later and asked if I would come get my package off her porch. I went down and got it, barely still alive, and I asked her why she had not called me when it was delivered. She said she figured I would just come get it, o_O
People … are really scary sometimes ...lol Signs for it then fohgeddaboutit??? Sitting for a week like a big stone in the driveway and the guy isn't remotely interested why?...lol The stone isn't a sufficient enough reminder to contact you??? :unsure: :oops:
Yeah i just hope it is in plastic , it rained all day straight the day after it was delivered , i am sure the electronics do not like getting wet .

Robert that is a good one , how in the heck did you know where it was ,lol.

Duke not sure if my boss was contacted or not but i know my boss has had a tough time keeping up with me gone ,
I handled 100% of all the dirt work by myself with some help depending on the job , while he and 3 other guys handle building .He is also a nonchalant kinda guy so could be he dropped the ball , i do not know ,all i know is i am getting it taken care of broken knee or not !!!!

Reactions: Ironminer

·
8,915 Posts
I recently … had an epiphany. I finally realized why Sony, Samsung, Dell, all of those outfits box stuff up to be shipped like son of Kong was going to be handling it; yet started the whole packing operation with the electronic inside a flimsy plastic bag. Always figured it was a dust thing. It dawned on me after bringing in about the 30th soaking wet package from the delivery people who were spawn of Neanderthals. The retards who leave the package in the pouring rain out on the deck. Not under the overhang, or canopy, nor under the bone dry building cantilever. The plastic bag is there to keep the thing dry!!!

That said, I've found wet electrical stuff, if you let it dry out THOUROUGHLY, will usually surprise you by showing no ill effects of moisture. The problem more often than not is a lack of patience. Firing up the thing before it's time because you're anxious to see if it was hurt.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Glad to hear you're not needing surgery!

my Dad always said, 2 ways to do things: do it right or do it over ;)

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
Discussion Starter #98
well i got the mill home and in the shop , but the little bugger is to heavy for the help i had , we could not get it up on the bench .So i need to devise a plan !!! going to wait till after the 4th as i am busy getting ready for a 50th party at camp .
brother is coming up tomorrow to help me with what needs to be done , my injury suck's all i can do is sit and watch .
Luckily my 2 boys have nocked out 85 % of the physical labor .

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just be careful, don't put to much weight on the knee. I know how it is you want to jump in and help. You got to behave yourself.

·
Happy Member
5,472 Posts
Hi Tim. Just checking on your knee update? Hopefully you haven’t been overdoing it to aggravate your injury! Get well soon!

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

Reactions: Iron Duke
81 - 100 of 145 Posts