Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve watched many YouTube videos on the R10 and have never heard one as loud as mine. Tried the limb silencers with no avail. Anyone else experiencing this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,072 Posts
I’ve watched many YouTube videos on the R10 and have never heard one as loud as mine. Tried the limb silencers with no avail. Anyone else experiencing this?

IMO, it is hard to judge sound by listening to a video.
Our R26 is about as loud as our Tenpoint Vapor.
I have never measured the dB level but I believe there are some videos out there of the sound levels of various crossbows.

·
Registered
10,377 Posts
If you were standing a few feet away from me while I am shooting my R20 you would say it is quieter than your Ravin. But if you were shooting my R20 you wouldn't say that at all because they are a heck of a lot louder to the person who has their ear up against the bow when it goes off.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts

A louder than normal Ravin can be symptomatic of a poor tune. This is because the string can be hitting the stops harder than normal. Limb dampeners can help but that's not their intended purpose.
Check your ATA and cam timing to see if your R10 is in spec. Also check to see if you have anything on the crossbow that might be loose.

·
11,258 Posts
When I pull the trigger on my little R26, aimed at a buck, it will be the last thing he will ever hear :giggle: (y)
7931CDE0-DDB8-4C27-8083-40092079AD9F.jpeg

·
11,258 Posts
That 18-1 Rinehart is old. I have a new one down at the farm.

I do have a bunch of scopes :giggle:. I’ve already had 3 sighting systems on the test KI XP. Finding what works the best:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts